The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

32 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Murphy seems to be the only new signing to get excited about thus far. Noticed EK have quite a few of the Darvel mob there now, including ex Ayr Avci. The lad needs to pack the game in, been a sub at every club hes ever been at 😂

Careful now... his sister will be messaging you!

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I haven't seen us play yet so I'm reserving judgement until Saturday. Could there be a Friyay in store with four good signings?

It's the hope that kills you!

Announced 1 by 1 at the Q and A. 

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

The Q and A on Friday will just be the usual sound bites from the club. Mathie says a lot without really saying anything at all. 

Won't be able to attend the Q and A but there are a few questions that need to be asked:

Why do lower league clubs and non league clubs have greater communication and social media output than a club who is aspiring to gain promotion to Scotland's top League?

Are there concrete plans to improve match highlights this season? Last season's highlights were of extremely poor quality

How much of a say does bullen have in transfers? Is he merely a coach who is told to work with players given by Mathie and glendinning?

Why haven't the glaring deficiencies in the full back areas been addressed?

33 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

It's embarrassing that Stranraer and East Kilbride clearly have better social media output than us. Recently discovered on here that we have a SLO, has anyone raised this with them? If so, will it even make a difference?

Poor home media?

You should have seen (actually..you couldnt) our Ton Tv stream against the Midden on Saturday.

At best ...I can only say it was 'deplorable.'.

Also back to Twitter watch for a second and I see that Frankie Deanes dad is following the club on Twitter. He was on trial at Morton last week and seemed to show up well but wasn’t offered a deal for whatever reason. People seem to think he was on the bench for East Kilbride tonight though so maybe his dad was looking for updates on him (fucking good luck there pal). 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Also back to Twitter watch for a second and I see that Frankie Deanes dad is following the club on Twitter. He was on trial at Morton last week and seemed to show up well but wasn’t offered a deal for whatever reason. People seem to think he was on the bench for East Kilbride tonight though so maybe his dad was looking for updates on him (fucking good luck there pal). 

......Thats why I'm ragin'

Season ticket debacle, no updates at all on well anything never mind games (well we had a great day at the cricket!), Dipo situation rolling on and on, lack of any positive recruitment with the same glaring full back problems and an even less experienced squad after being told by the management that was ah issue. Bad start incoming and Bullen will be away. Mathie gone very quiet, something is not right at the moment and he is more or less running the football side of the club so the buck stops with him. Not going on Friday as a) season ticket is not sorted and b) I’m not going to listen to the usual sound bites and dodged questions. 

8 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Whether or not he’s shite or decent it is so plainly clear to see how utterly devoid of confidence and belief he is. He was shitting himself against Stranraer after one bad pass out the pitch and from that moment on he couldn’t get anything right. Tried a few crosses but both were easy for the goalie. 

It’s horrible to see and he needs a move to somewhere else with a bit of a clean slate. 

If that's the case then it's even more frustrating. We have another left back that needs game time to see if they can stake a claim. Surely you take Reading out the firing line and put him on the bench for a while. See if he then comes back with a point to prove and get his jersey back.

Would have been willing to run with the two left backs providing they both got am equal chance to fight it out over the season. As it stands looking like very little has changed since last season  

Having a look through recent posts and see a few Ayr fans aren't happy. I see a lot of similarities between ourselves and Ayr. Both teams  had a good season last time out -Ayr finishing 2nd, both teams have retained most of last seasons squad although I know there's a lot of chat about your big strikers future, not many additions to either squad yet but still plenty of time and a decent budget there - imagine ayrs is higher if i read correctly  that they offered Paton 1k a week. 

I also see there's a lot of fans unsure about Bullen which I'm surprised at. He had the team set up pretty well any time we played each other and I see a lot of similarities between him and Imrie.

22 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Season ticket debacle, no updates at all on well anything never mind games (well we had a great day at the cricket!), Dipo situation rolling on and on, lack of any positive recruitment with the same glaring full back problems and an even less experienced squad after being told by the management that was ah issue. Bad start incoming and Bullen will be away. Mathie gone very quiet, something is not right at the moment and he is more or less running the football side of the club so the buck stops with him. Not going on Friday as a) season ticket is not sorted and b) I’m not going to listen to the usual sound bites and dodged questions. 

Can't see Bullen leaving unless it's of his own choosing. As Wattoo will point out we finished second last season and depending on your optics it can be positioned as a feat. If this season is about treading water then some wriggle room for poor performance unless it turns into a relegation effort. Still think a few 'big names' ie people we have heard off that are ending their careers will come in nearer the time to help prop us up. It might go against the previous roadmap around sustainable growth but it will be enough to retain our league place for next season 

7 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

I also see there's a lot of fans unsure about Bullen which I'm surprised at. He had the team set up pretty well any time we played each other and I see a lot of similarities between him and Imrie.

He sets us up to play kick and rush.  It's not entertaining and some (not all) just canny be arsed with it.  

I think the similarity between the two would be stubbornly picking players it's never going to happen for.  Ali Crawford 🤝 Paddy Reading.