The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

The comments from Lewis Morgan were also interesting. This coming from someone that liked him. 

Lewis Morgan doesn't come out of that very well tbh.  

9 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Nah, you're alright mate. 

Just now, Richey Edwards said:

I'd rather get dental surgery minus anesthetic than listen to one minute of that shite.

The one on one interviews are generally fine, and if you want more information on our new signing that would be the place to get it - I’m sure you get a bit of an insight on Sunderland till I die too. 

34 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Perfectly entitled to think it. Relay the message and you probably lose your job. 

Does that sound like a good situation to you? Because being unable to criticise your boss is a pretty fucking terrible situation in most walks of life. Unless you're charging into battle it should probably be heartily encouraged, even.

image.png.85c5b7f20d771e438f47444a546f63e4.png

how i would line up names listed under players are subs i would probably make at half time to give other guys some game time (reckon we'll give McAllister a run since he's meant to be back for St. Johnstone)

He had loads of disagreements with Strachan although he made it almost impossible to be dropped as he was arguably one of the best players in the country at that point. 

Didn’t really get on with Unai Emery at Spartak nor did he rate Martinez at Everton. 

The Sunderland stuff is well documented but on the flip side he’s had good relationships with guys like O’Neill, Lennon, Johnson, Ross so it’s most likely a clash in personalities. Disagreements are par for the course in football. 

36 minutes ago, rgreig said:

I noticed this too and wondered if I was overanalysing it, but since you have also immediately spotted it then perhaps not. He was clearly brought in by Mathie since he mentioned him numerous times and only mentioned "Lee" (not "gaffer" or "the manager") once.

Yep, analysing an edited interview  to count the number of times the manager's mentioned makes total sense.

Some theories on here.

Thinking Think GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

I don't think a disagreement with Gordon "genetically behind" Strachan is necessarily an indication of a bad egg. 

In fact, I think a player of McGeady's style occasionally challenging our usual set up and style of play would probably be a good thing.

3 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Does that sound like a good situation to you? Because being unable to criticise your boss is a pretty fucking terrible situation in most walks of life. Unless you're charging into battle it should probably be heartily encouraged, even.

Sorry maybe i have worked in different places than most. Have you ever told  your boss they were inept and out of their depth? 

He had loads of disagreements with Strachan although he made it almost impossible to be dropped as he was arguably one of the best players in the country at that point. 

Didn’t really get on with Unai Emery at Spartak nor did he rate Martinez at Everton. 

The Sunderland stuff is well documented but on the flip side he’s had good relationships with guys like O’Neill, Lennon, Johnson, Ross so it’s most likely a clash in personalities. Disagreements are par for the course in football. 

5 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Aye, constructive criticism should be welcome in any work place tbh. 

4 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Yep, analysing an edited interview  to count the number of times the manager's mentioned makes total sense.

Some theories on here.

Thinking Think GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

I don't disagree with your point but its only edited to remove the inane questions. Rather than editing the answers as far as I could tell.

1 minute ago, AyrExile said:

Sorry maybe i have worked in different places than most. Have you ever told  your boss they were inept and out of their depth? 

Was it you who reacted like this in response to the notion that it might not be a sackable offense to mention your work on social media?

5 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

It was very obviously strange for a new signing to basically not mention the manager at all. Unsure why pointing this out has the superfans riled up but there you go.

I do remember hearing McGeady talk about the national team topic and I was of the opinion that his comments were very fair, I didn't particularly see an issue.

He was eligible for both, but Ireland showed a much larger interest at a younger age, making him feel very appreciated and wanted. 

Some folk seemed to get unnecessary provoked by it.

Edited by AuAl

9 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

how i would line up names listed under players are subs i would probably make at half time to give other guys some game time (reckon we'll give McAllister a run since he's meant to be back for St. Johnstone)

What is the rationale for giving Bangala game time? That Troon might decide to sign him?

Just now, AyrExile said:

You can’t compare football to any other job though. A manager is more like a supervisor role as there’s an even bigger boss above them and footballers know that half the time they are more valuable to the club than the head coach. 

McGeady is someone with high standards and there’s lots of players who won’t tolerate standards slipping and will fall out with the manager. 

Just now, AuAl said:

I do remember hearing McGeady talk about the national team topic and his I was of the opinion that his comments were very fair, I didn't particularly see an issue.

He was eligible for both, but Ireland showed a much larger interest at a younger age, making him feel very appreciated and wanted.

His dad is also one of these insane born-in-the-wrong-country people and was very clear about where he wanted him to go.

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

What is the rationale for giving Bangala game time? That Troon might decide to sign him?

I'd make him captain for the day.  See how he gets on. 

10 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Yes, actually. Former manager was awful in his role and it was detrimental to the department.

Admittedly wasn't just me, a number of our department felt the same and the issue was dealt with and the person in question moved elsewhere. Was uncomfortable at the time but was the right choice and have since had good relations with said person.

Managers should be open to different ideas and questions (this person was not and it was one of the major issues for all of us).

Edited by AuAl