The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

14 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

In the absence of a ThursYay, I have a question for you all.

Do YOU have a favourite Ayr United goal?

I'll nominate Alex Williams v Killie. Don't think I've ever experienced mayhem quite like when that went in. Fantastic moment. 

Hard to name one....

David Craig's thunder free kick when we beat Falkirk 6-0.

John Robertsons majestic goal in the 4-2 against St Mirren.

Williams last minute equaliser against Kilmarnock.

3 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

Alan Forrest v Rangers in the Scottish Cup

Not a great goal and an even worse game, but my view of the aftermath of that goal was of mutants absolutely spitting feathers that a "wee ****** bastart" scored a goal and then trying to fight each other. Quickly apprehended by the polis and pushed face down into the ground where their fellow mutants had just been pishing.

I skinned my knuckles when that went in and required first aid hahaha.

6 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

Alan Forrest v Rangers in the Scottish Cup

Not a great goal and an even worse game, but my view of the aftermath of that goal was of mutants absolutely spitting feathers that a "wee ****** bastart" scored a goal and then trying to fight each other. Quickly apprehended by the polis and pushed face down into the ground where their fellow mutants had just been pishing.

I was in the house when Ayr scored that. Promptly got my coat on when I saw the result and ran to the Grove in finnieston. cos they were showing it. Took my first sip of my pint as the camera panned to Eli, standing in the never absent vest like the daft, ignorant fud that he is. Nearly spat my beer over some auld guy across from me. 

Edited by Coollestersmoothe

Just now, Superhursy7 said:

Alan Forrest's name coming up quite a bit here, is he our beat player of the last 10 years? Yeah shanks, Diop etc have had outstanding seasons but Forrest was there giving his all for a long time.

I don't know about THE best of the past 10 years but he'd definitely be up there.

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:

Alan Forrest's name coming up quite a bit here, is he our best player of the last 10 years? Yeah shanks, Diop etc have had outstanding seasons but Forrest was there giving his all for a long time.

In terms of longevity and his pure ability I definitely think he’s up there. I think it’s a massive shame that had that bad injury after the league win and I think he was underused the year we won the league. We only really had one year of him seeing him rip the league up consistently in his final season. He always had games where he was a level above but I don’t think he was treated fairly by McCall. 

In the time I’ve been watching Ayr I’d have him in my all time best eleven although that’s maybe more a sign of my age. 

25 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I'll nominate Alex Williams v Killie. Don't think I've ever experienced mayhem quite like when that went in. Fantastic moment. 

His other that day was not bad as well. 

16 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Forrests goal in this game maybe not the most important in Ayrs history but a brilliant flowing team move.

I got blocked from Dunfermline's twitter that day. 

37 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Plenty of good ones but Shankland's second when we beat Dundee United 5-0 sticks in the mind. Michael Rose steps out to win the ball and feeds the Moff. He makes some ground and then slips it to McDaid on the left. He makes more ground and then crosses it low in to the box. Moff has kept moving forward and moves towards the ball wrong footing the central defenders before letting it run giving Shankland an easy side foot home. It was that side at it's absolute best 

Edited by edinburghhonestman

1 minute ago, edinburghhonestman said:

Plenty of good ones but Shankland's second when we beat Dundee United 5-0 sticks in the mind. Michael Rose steps out to win the ball and feeds the Moff. He makes some ground and then slips it to McDaid on the left. He makes more ground and then crosses it low in to the box. Moff has kept moving forward and moves towards the ball wrong footing the central defenders before letting it run giving Shankland an easy side foor home. It was that side at it's absolute best 

I think that game was the best Ayr performance I have seen. It was absolutely faultless.

Annand penalty Vs Hibs in the semi final. I'm aware it's a very original answer.

It was at full time, eleven years old, seeing my papa in tears, happy tears, hugging me, telling me it was the lucky hat we bought off the dodgy c*nt in Mount Florida. Unforgettable.