The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

I doubt we sign Chalmers but I do question where he goes from here. He's clearly out of favour at Tannadice and well down the pecking order. He's been successful on loan in the Championship but now his parent club is in the same division it would seem unlikely he's going to get a third loan in the league. 

That would leave a transfer but his wages are probably higher than most clubs can afford. I sense a season in limbo for him. 

I am guessing that the club are once bitten twice shy with Chalmers.

They may want to loan him so he can’t play against us but there would also be a risk that if he tore up the league, they would recall him in January again and f**k us over. 

They could pay up his contract and let him go but that would just be doing a competitor a favour. 

Realistically, the only option is to secure his release and pay him a wage he’d be happy with, which we may not be able to do.

And he’ll kick about, not getting a game. 

Just didn’t think that the food fight between Ayr and East Fife players on a ferry would ever be topped and then you get the actual club mascot going on some weird rampage on Twitter and leaking signings all over the place. 

9 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

There's no shame in being played like a fiddle by a person in a bear costume after jumping to conclusions over a tweet which, at best, hinted at something which actually came true. 

There are more and more “hingers on” at the club who are tweeting out stuff like this, “I know news but I’m not telling you” while the club tells us they announce nothing until the ink is dry.

Thats twice the Panda has apparently announced an incoming several hours before the club.

If the VOR tweeted that Ayr were making a signing tonight before the club, despite him already knowing, it may limit the relationship he has with the club. So the club don’t tweet it, the club he’s coming from don’t tweet it, the press don’t tweet it….but the mascot can? 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

There are more and more “hingers on” at the club who are tweeting out stuff like this, “I know news but I’m not telling you” while the club tells us they announce nothing until the ink is dry.

Thats twice the Panda has apparently announced an incoming several hours before the club.

If the VOR tweeted that Ayr were making a signing tonight before the club, despite him already knowing, it may limit the relationship he has with the club. So the club don’t tweet it, the club he’s coming from don’t tweet it, the press don’t tweet it….but the mascot can? 

More leaks than the titanic 

Like back in the good ol days of McCall where it was in the Daily Rangers or the AP who we were signing about a week before it happened. 

Edited by Rb123

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

He’s probably been told to tweet something just to get people speculating about who it is. 

If we’re planning on playing 442 this season then we’re another striker away from having exactly two players for every position on the pitch with Hewitt being surplus. If we were to get another striker, winger and left back and ship out Hewitt, Ecrepont and Ashford then it’s potentially the most efficient window we could’ve had as you’d end up with adequate cover everywhere. 

Probably asking too much as I think we may only get one or two more and maybe one or two will leave. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

If we’re planning on playing 442 this season then we’re another striker away from having exactly two players for every position on the pitch with Hewitt being surplus. If we were to get another striker, winger and left back and ship out Hewitt, Ecrepont and Ashford then it’s potentially the most efficient window we could’ve had as you’d end up with adequate cover everywhere. 

Probably asking too much as I think we may only get one or two more and maybe one or two will leave. 

Reading tbf seems to have had a solid league cup campaign so would maybe be happy running with him and Ecrepont first half of the season at least. 

However we've not really played any decent opposition which means Morton could be a reality check one way or another for the whole team...

Just now, Rb123 said:

Reading tbf seems to have had a solid league cup campaign so would maybe be happy running with him and Ecrepont first half of the season at least. 

However we've not really played any decent opposition which means Morton could be a reality check one way or another for the whole team...

Just see how he gets on in the first couple of games before we decide that, I would agree that he’s looked ok so far 

We are certainly not short on the ego stakes. All the Smith backslapping by the socials to celebrate his year in charge or whatever, Mathie lording it around the hub, Bullen doing the same after a tonking v Partick, Somerset Boab believing his own nonsense and now freaking Pandamonium at it. Christ on a bike 😑

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Just see how he gets on in the first couple of games before we decide that, I would agree that he’s looked ok so far 

Aye, the quality of opposition needs to be taken into account. I can almost live with Reading's defensive frailties if he would contribute going forward. He's been a lot better at that in the League Cup. It'll be interesting to see how he copes against Morton, ICT & Dundee United.

18 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The mascot didn't post anything about a player, their club, the nature of the deal, or even an 'imminent'. They literally posted a picture of an animals eyes widening. Robbo on here used to provide more info (as far as he could without compromising the club) and no one lost their shit over him giving morsels of info or hints out. 

At worst the mascot gets a slap on the wrist. At best they've been given the okay to tease. 

Edited by Jeff Venom