The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Bullen talks a great game, but he just doesn’t have a clue how to set up a football team.  Today was just a re-run of so many games from last season, but now we don’t have Dipo to bail us out.  We took a punt on a rookie manager, but more than 18 months down the line, I just don’t see any evidence Bullen is learning, or even capable of learning.  

7 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Bullen talks a great game, but he just doesn’t have a clue how to set up a football team.  Today was just a re-run of so many games from last season, but now we don’t have Dipo to bail us out.  We took a punt on a rookie manager, but more than 18 months down the line, I just don’t see any evidence Bullen is learning, or even capable of learning.  

2nd place etc 

The club now has to front up to today, they can hide behind a lot of stuff while things are seemingly going well but today feels like a direct continuation of the thistle game with a different cast of characters.

time for a reboot and some openness. 
We need a couple of signings this week and a strong performance next week. We need a bit of humility shown and not look like we are relegation fodder come 5pm Next Saturday. 

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The club now has to front up to today, they can hide behind a lot of stuff while things are seemingly going well but today feels like a direct continuation of the thistle game with a different cast of characters.

We need a couple of signings this week and a strong performance next week. We need a bit of humility shown and not look like we are relegation fodder come 5pm Next Saturday. 

The club are so bought into the idea of a long term plan that they won’t face up to short term reality.  Which is that Bullen hasn’t a clue and needs to go.  

Surprised nobody else has mentioned this, only two new players in that starting 11 today to the team that finished last season... and i'm sorry but it's absolutely criminal that we've gone into the first game of the league game with a striker partnership of Bryden and McKenzie who are both nowhere near ready/capable of starting Championship games and scored FIVE goals between them all of last season. That decision making lies with Bullen/recruitment team IMO

image.png.21f1f6dd29641dd52d1765231a353fce.png

1 minute ago, Rb123 said:

Surprised nobody else has mentioned this, only two new players in that starting 11 today to the team that finished last season... and i'm sorry but it's absolutely criminal that we've gone into the first game of the league game with a striker partnership of Bryden and McKenzie who are both nowhere near ready/capable of starting Championship games and scored FIVE goals between them all of last season. That decision making lies with Bullen/recruitment team IMO

Couldn’t agree more 👏

2 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Yes and no, Bryden and McKenzie have both done well up until today for this season.

Based on last season, no

I’d like to hear an honest appraisal of McKenzie from someone who genuinely rates him.  What is it you think he’s good at?  As far as I can see, he has has no pace, no movement, doesn’t link up the play, never wins a header in the opposition box and has a goals to game ratio of about 1 in 15 (if that). And yet we threw another 2 year contract at him.  Don’t get it.  

McGeady looked more done than Chris Maguire.  Whoever sanctioned that signing needs fired.

14 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

What does this mean exactly? Are folk expecting them to release statements every time a game is lost?

15 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Yes and no, Bryden and McKenzie have both done well up until today for this season.

Based on last season, no

I’m not so sure about that. Against a hopeless Alloa, yes - largely non existent in all of the other games.