The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Man's a moron.  Chalmers was one of the reasons we got to the play off final in 2022.

That’s true but the reason we didn’t sign him was we’d already completed our business by the time he became available.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, NorthStand10 said:

That’s true but the reason we didn’t sign him was we’d already completed our business by the time he became available.

Yes, and we signed utter shite like Steven Boyd and Max Ram.

1 minute ago, NorthStand10 said:

We’re discussing Logan Chalmers. Max Ram and Boyd aren’t relevant to this conversation.

'Our business' included Boyd and Ram.  Stop arguing for the sake of it.

We had a bad result on Saturday, how do we bounce back? 

Sign a new player?

stern statement in the press?

say the players are focused and working hard?

post picture of a building site?

I think they do it deliberately now. Or Smith is posting a subliminal “hey, I’m doing my bit” message to supporters. 

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

We had a bad result on Saturday, how do we bounce back? 

Sign a new player?

stern statement in the press?

say the players are focused and working hard?

post picture of a building site?

I think they do it deliberately now. Or Smith is posting a subliminal “hey, I’m doing my bit” message to supporters. 

It’s not come from the club account. The chairman is free to post whatever he likes and people have the choice to follow him or not. 

He’s hardly going to be announcing signings or posting training updates. 

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

How many season tickets have Caley sold compared to ourselves? 

Just want to make sure the club have got a good argument for being outbid for Chalmers. 

Arguments could be that his position is not a major priority or that this season we're just looking to consolidate in mid table and not willing to be embroiled in a bidding war. Of course it's unlikely that they would ever publicly state that as would sent out a direct signal that this season is a write off.

I suppose it comes down to personal preference of the player and who is willing to pay him the most ??

6 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Arguments could be that his position is not a major priority or that this season we're just looking to consolidate in mid table and not willing to be embroiled in a bidding war. Of course it's unlikely that they would ever publicly state that as would sent out a direct signal that this season is a write off.

I suppose it comes down to personal preference of the player and who is willing to pay him the most ??

We’ve got four wide players at the club. One is a bit raw but should be decent based off his showings so far, one will be a game changer this season but I’d expect him to be injured at some point, one is here in a dual role and hasn’t played since February and I’m not actually expecting him to contribute anything on the playing side and one has got the nickname “traffic cone”. 

Ashford has been okay so far but I’d say getting a bit of proven quality in that area of the pitch and shipping Ashford out is as much a priority as getting a left back and defensive midfielder in. It’s even more important given the amount of question marks over our strikers this season. We’ve got a lot of bodies in the forward areas but for me, Murphy is the only one who is guaranteed to win us games this season. 

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We’ve got four wide players at the club. One is a bit raw but should be decent based off his showings so far, one will be a game changer this season but I’d expect him to be injured at some point, one is here in a dual role and hasn’t played since February and I’m not actually expecting him to contribute anything on the playing side and one has got the nickname “traffic cone”. 

Ashford has been okay so far but I’d say getting a bit of proven quality in that area of the pitch and shipping Ashford out is as much a priority as getting a left back and defensive midfielder in. It’s even more important given the amount of question marks over our strikers this season. We’ve got a lot of bodies in the forward areas but for me, Murphy is the only one who is guaranteed to win us games this season. 

Although young and inexperienced, we could probably add Tomlinson to that group.

Full back (both sides) definitely the problem positions along with a target man up top and attacking Mid.

If the new boy doesn't do, would it be worth playing Musonda at RB with Stanger and McGinty in the middle ??

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Although young and inexperienced, we could probably add Tomlinson to that group.

Full back (both sides) definitely the problem positions along with a target man up top and attacking Mid.

If the new boy doesn't do, would it be worth playing Musonda at RB with Stanger and McGinty in the middle ??

was thinking this but with Stanger at RB i know he played there a couple of times for Alloa