The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

27 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Did you not notice the saga in actually getting him a mutually beneficial transfer?

Ayr punched above their weight last season. This season was absolutely never going to be a promotion push. The club took a part-time player for nothing and he carried them to a 500k prize packet before departing for half that again. There was no danger Ayr were going to use that money on transfers rather than dip into the same market for hidden gems again.

[edit] Admittedly starting with Bryden and McKenzie after that really does show how lucky the club was last season. Hopefully Rose is the real deal.

Dipo was always leaving this Summer, whether it was a saga or not.  The mistake was offering McKenzie another 2 year contract.  I don’t think anyone is talking about a promotion push - avoiding relegation is the major concern.  As things stand, Arbroath look poor and Airdrie don’t look great on paper.  Otherwise, I’m not sure who I’d see us finishing above with the existing group of players.  Getting gubbed by a Morton team that won’t threaten the top 4 doesn’t bode well.

5 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Dipo was always leaving this Summer, whether it was a saga or not.  The mistake was offering McKenzie another 2 year contract.  I don’t think anyone is talking about a promotion push - avoiding relegation is the major concern.  As things stand, Arbroath look poor and Airdrie don’t look great on paper.  Otherwise, I’m not sure who I’d see us finishing above with the existing group of players.  Getting gubbed by a Morton team that won’t threaten the top 4 doesn’t bode well.

If the starting 11 last week was going to be the starting 11 all season I'd agree but it isn't.

8 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Are you sure it was the fullback they have signed from Aberdeen they are talking about? DR reporting they beat us and Arbroath to him. 

Daily Record don’t get too many footballing stories true ,