The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

It sounds like Pendlebury will play tomorrow, I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do for 90 mins. Interesting to hear that he thinks the football is a lot more intense than the National League, it definitely helps explain Ahui's utter bewilderment in his debut!

18 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Listening to it just now and don't really see the problem with the way Bullen responded. It is a bit of an odd question to ask, especially in the way it is phrased. Obviously Bullen isn't above criticism however, we're 1 game in to the league so I can appreciate the way he responded. 

It’s not a one off though. Answers like that can make a rod for his own back. The world of football moves pretty quickly and if at some point in the next few weeks we sign a 6’4” lump to shell long balls to and change the formation back, what was the point of the bitchy answer.

You can be patronising without being a dick. 
If it doesn’t work, we’ll hold up our hands and change things, but it’s one defeat in 5 playing this way and in those games we dominated possessions in the bulk of them and scored 11 goals so I’m not ready to say it’s not working. 

These are positive facts that shoot down the argument while pointing out that the Morton result was one game but giving leeway to changing it in a couple of weeks should Inverness feel our bums on Saturday

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Was there anything asked about new players or whether or not we're looking or "hoping" to get anyone in anytime soon ??

Yeah, he said something along the lines of they are still looking, but no point bringing in someone for the sake of it. 

Also that he would prefer those who know the league, but then went on and spoke about success of using places outside Scotland. 

I interpreted that as nothing happening anytime soon!

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Yeah, he said something along the lines of they are still looking, but no point bringing in someone for the sake of it. 

Also that he would prefer those who know the league, but then went on and spoke about success of using places outside Scotland. 

I interpreted that as nothing happening anytime soon!

Sounds like they’re maybe prepared to wait the long game to get Chalmers which could backfire spectacularly if he goes elsewhere in two weeks time and we’re left scrambling around. 

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Sounds like they’re maybe prepared to wait the long game to get Chalmers which could backfire spectacularly if he goes elsewhere in two weeks time and we’re left scrambling around. 

"If" 🤣

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yeah this is exactly what's happening and it'll be their own fault for it.

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Yeah this is exactly what's happening and it'll be their own fault for it.

What if the player isn't actually available for transfer until the end of the window. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Dundee United must surely be wondering why 2 teams that were in the top 4 last season are desperate for a player that they don’t fancy 

I think it's a touch of the Trouten effect where various coaches have looked at him as a right winger, every time he goes elsewhere he plays off the left and does well, rinse and repeat.  

For whatever reason, some players and some clubs just don't match, even if there is different coaches with different styles.  

28 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

What if the player isn't actually available for transfer until the end of the window. 

then you'd hope they have some kind of assurance, whatever that's worth, from him that he wants to join. If that kind of things allowed anyway.

If we have any illusion of playing out from the back then the centre half pairing has to be Musonda and Stanger. I haven't watched last week's highlights after how they were described but heard Frankie didn't look fully match fit. Despite that his individual errors didn't cost us goals.

Is anyone else hoping for a signing to push them over the hurdle to season ticket renewal? I am looking like pay at the gate for the first time in a decade. I am teetering on the edge of renewal... come on Ayr United and the Panda let's make a signing!

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

It’s not a one off though. Answers like that can make a rod for his own back. The world of football moves pretty quickly and if at some point in the next few weeks we sign a 6’4” lump to shell long balls to and change the formation back, what was the point of the bitchy answer.

You can be patronising without being a dick. 
If it doesn’t work, we’ll hold up our hands and change things, but it’s one defeat in 5 playing this way and in those games we dominated possessions in the bulk of them and scored 11 goals so I’m not ready to say it’s not working. 

These are positive facts that shoot down the argument while pointing out that the Morton result was one game but giving leeway to changing it in a couple of weeks should Inverness feel our bums on Saturday

It was a stupid as f**k question and was met with the response it deserved. Stop overthinking everything.

16 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

If we have any illusion of playing out from the back then the centre half pairing has to be Musonda and Stanger. I haven't watched last week's highlights after how they were described but heard Frankie didn't look fully match fit. Despite that his individual errors didn't cost us goals.

Is anyone else hoping for a signing to push them over the hurdle to season ticket renewal? I am looking like pay at the gate for the first time in a decade. I am teetering on the edge of renewal... come on Ayr United and the Panda let's make a signing!

I would be interested to know what people think their first choice centre back partnership would be if Musonda was fully fit, as McGinty seems to just be an automatic pick. 

I think Musonda and Stanger has the potential to be a good partnership, both can play a bit, Stanger has decent pace while Musonda tends to read the game pretty well.

The only thing McGinty is better than them at is in the air. As soon as teams attack us on the deck he is pretty poor though. 

15 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

We better have a FriYay tomorrow.

Reveal hidden contents

Because it's my birthday and I'll be raging if we don't have a FriYay.

Happy Birthday @Richey Edwards Have a good one! Enjoy yourself 😊

You share your birthday with the Ayr Captain!

20230811_124308.jpg

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I would be interested to know what people think their first choice centre back partnership would be if Musonda was fully fit, as McGinty seems to just be an automatic pick. 

I think Musonda and Stanger has the potential to be a good partnership, both can play a bit, Stanger has decent pace while Musonda tends to read the game pretty well.

The only thing McGinty is better than them at is in the air. As soon as teams attack us on the deck he is pretty poor though. 

He's also good at last gasp blocks / chucking himself in front of shots etc, what I'd refer to as a "siege defender", however from a footballing sense he certainly leaves a lot to be desired. A kind of Ronnie Coyle type.