The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

33 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

No it’s what you do and you prove yourself to be a wrong un on multiple occasions 

a "wrong un" ?

WTF does that even mean ?

I've given my reasons and backed up my argument, I've also acknowledged that there's every chance I'm wrong and hope that I am.

What is it you want me to do, just blindly follow the wee crew that all stick together ?

Sorry, forget it pal, I've the same right as everyone else to voice my opinions and I don't believe I've said anything to either offend you or anyone else but if you want to get all precious about it just stick me on ignore as I have plenty on here on that myself.

48 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

a "wrong un" ?

WTF does that even mean ?

I've given my reasons and backed up my argument, I've also acknowledged that there's every chance I'm wrong and hope that I am.

What is it you want me to do, just blindly follow the wee crew that all stick together ?

Sorry, forget it pal, I've the same right as everyone else to voice my opinions and I don't believe I've said anything to either offend you or anyone else but if you want to get all precious about it just stick me on ignore as I have plenty on here on that myself.

I’m not asking you to follow blindly just give the lad a chance. He was thrown in at the deep end in a game we were struggling to control to begin with. You were saying it’s what “we do” and that’s what I’m calling out.

Your views are often out there, i and many others disagree with your views on the game and your analysis.  Some of your views are way out there in my opinion I’m not telling you to stop voicing them as that defeats the point of a forum but don’t jump down folks throats for them disagreeing with you 

^ What I find interesting is the obsession that some English football fans seem to have with the relative poor quality of the Scottish Leagues. 

Can't see any attention being given to Scottish football online without a stream of gammons talking about what a "pub league" it is. Clubs with all the riches in the world, why the f**k do they care?

Weirdos man.

Hibs deciding to not look like a football team doesn't help though.

Edited by AuAl

21 minutes ago, AuAl said:

^ What I find interesting is the obsession that some English football fans seem to have with the relative poor quality of the Scottish Leagues. 

Can't see any attention being given to Scottish football online without a stream of gammons talking about what a "pub league" it is. Clubs with all the riches in the world, why the f**k do they care?

Weirdos man.

Hibs deciding to not look like a football team doesn't help though.

It annoys me when people claim to support a big club then get deluded into believing that the success of that club reflects on them. 

Edited by Caledonian

If we are signing someone this week, they would have to have been training with the club in order to play on Saturday but that gossip would be out there by now. 
or alternatively, they are thrown in to make their debut against Dundee United having never met most or all of the team before.
So I’d guess that we aren’t interested in any of the frees kicking about, or they aren’t interested in us and any signing will be an English youth loan or  later in September. A Scottish loan or two. 

21 minutes ago, Caledonian said:

It annoys me when people claim to support a big club then get deluded into believing that the success of that club reflects on them. 

Equally delusional is when these "fans"  attribute that success to anything other than the blindingly obvious fact that they have obscene amounts of (frequently dirty)money sloshing about their playing budget.  Get it off OF fans all the time. Tedious as f*ck.

Edited by Coollestersmoothe

22 minutes ago, Jack_1910 said:

Ironic because they got pumped off Stevenage last season who are in…league 2

It’s just fan wanking stupidity and hurrahs instead of looking at numbers. Using H-2-H data and crunching numbers, it’s remarkably consistent in placing the Scottish Premiership between the English Championship and League One, with the Scottish Championship slotting in just below English League Two. Likewise, Scottish League One places between the English National League and English National League N/S, and Scottish League Two and the English Non-League Premier swap places nearly quarterly.

Any team can beat another on a given day, which is why we play the matches, and which is why posts like that bullshite are so annoying. It’s why they have these Conference League Match’s instead of just picking the better team, but fools like The92Bible just show their ignorance with tweets (X’s?) like that.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

It’s just fan wanking stupidity and hurrahs instead of looking at numbers. Using H-2-H data and crunching numbers, it’s remarkably consistent in placing the Scottish Premiership between the English Championship and League One, with the Scottish Championship slotting in just below English League Two. Likewise, Scottish League One places between the English National League and English National League N/S, and Scottish League Two and the English Non-League Premier swap places nearly quarterly.

Any team can beat another on a given day, which is why we play the matches, and which is why posts like that bullshite are so annoying. It’s why they have these Conference League Match’s instead of just picking the better team, but fools like The92Bible just show their ignorance with tweets (X’s?) like that.

Without trying to bring politics into the mix this is one of the reasons why being part of "England" is hurting us financially given that the broadcasters who hold the UK rights only focus on one nation within that country.

Our American friends SKY (comcast) and BT (Warner Bros) are backing English sport to the hilt both financially and also with a huge marketing focus, whether that be the English Premiership and below or English ladies sports such as Football, Cricket and Netball. It's NEVER a case of "bringing up Ladies sport" it's a case of marketing the Hell out of ENGLISH womens sports, while Scotland, Wales and NI get virtually zero coverage.

The bottom line is that we're not even given a second thought and while they used to try and pay us a bit of lip service we don't even get that now as they blatantly just ignore us given the threat of Independence has somewhat reduced over the past few years.

Personally I've ditched Sky since the yanks have taken over as I want to be watching Scottish matches, La Liga and Serie A but instead I'm being bombarded with American dross which I've no interest in whatsoever, so as far as I'm concerned they can take their Anglo / American partnership and ram it right up to where the Sun don't shine !!

7 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Bullen wasn't the one who asked him to pass across his own box or try and beat 3 Morton players at the edge of his own box or totally mistime tackles etc.

I totally agree that he was chucked in the deep end but he at least should have had the sense and know how to get the basics right and I also assume he was watching the game from the bench so would have known about Morton's high press and pressure game so should have been able to adapt to that.

I will reiterate that I want him to do well and hope that was just a blip, but the fact he hasn't played since when we all know McAllister is out of his depth is a major worry I'd think.

Wattoo on here, 99% of the time:

image1.jpg.3fc6d515cff9dbb92ae5624032b505f8.jpg

Wattoo whenever there's mention of Ahui:

image3.jpg.8f076adb66615239f302989d6c1fd0c3.jpg

Apologies in advance to those not old enough, watch the film if you can. 👍