The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Some slavering getting posted on here tonight.. relegation candidates..what after 3 games?..effort we were in the game until their 2nd goal (if it was one) and I make it that's the 3rd time Charlie's been beaten by a lob...he needs to be reminded not to stray to far off his line...after that goal the game was gone.. but come on FFS have some belief..

That was really really bad today. It was very hard to discern what the plan actually was.

The first goal is a free header, who was marking Holt as they had a mare?

The second goal is an individual error. I've never seen a goalie end up behind his line like that before. 

I didn't see the third.

The starting 11 was bizarre. Has Pendlebury shat in Bullen's shoe? I found it bizarre that he didn't start.

The worry for me is how ineffective we are at the top of the pitch. We barely created anything today.

Bullen needs to find a system that works with the players available. It can still be salvaged but its hard not to be negative after enduring that.

5 minutes ago, Bruadair said:

Some slavering getting posted on here tonight.. relegation candidates..what after 3 games?..effort we were in the game until their 2nd goal (if it was one) and I make it that's the 3rd time Charlie's been beaten by a lob...he needs to be reminded not to stray to far off his line...after that goal the game was gone.. but come on FFS have some belief..

I can only guess that this is your first game under Bullen on your memory gets wiped after every game.

How long does Bullen get to turn this around then? We have Arbroath next week, with them being largely shite but coming off a brilliant win. Then we've got high flying Falkirk, a team who passed us off the park last season, at home in the cup followed by a trip to the house of horrors that is Firhill and Kerr McInroy's Partick Thistle.

I think we are well capable of losing all three games and serious questions being asked of the manager. 

Edited by Shibuya

3 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Not sure what his contract length is but it needs increased to ensure a sell on fee when he inevitably leaves us.

He looked like Frank Rolling, cool as ice most of the time, was in the right place at the right time to cut out every Dundee United through ball, passes the ball well also.

2 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Show your working….  Muirhead was gash, but he at least looked like he cared.  

Muirhead repeatedly passed the ball out the park Musonda doesn't.

As for he doesn't look like he cares, I treat that with the same contempt as McAllister being praised for always giving 100%.

2 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

If Mousonda gets played in midfield again then Bullen needs punted. Why he didn’t change that at half time I have no idea.

Muirhead played in midfield because we had zero bite in there at the time and were short of midfielders. It was almost a necessity. He had also played there before in his career.

We had two midfielders on the bench today and still played Musonda, who looked exactly like a centre back playing in midfield.

1 minute ago, Shibuya said:

How long does Bullen get to turn this around then? We have Arbroath next week, with them being largely shite but coming off a brilliant win. Then went got high flying Falkirk, a team who passed us off the park last season, at home in the cup followed by a trip to the house of horrors that is Firhill and Kerr McInroy's Partick Thistle. I think we are well capable of losing all three games and serious questions being asked of the manager. 

I think Mathie is too bought into the “plan” to even consider sacking Bullen.  Probably boils down to whether Bullen himself decides he’s had enough.  No idea which way that may go, but his after match interviews feel like he’s in tailspin of anger and frustration.  Not sure there’s anywhere for him to go in management if he fails at Ayr, so he will surely battle on and hope Chalmers and Murphy can lift things a bit and Rose can find something more than he showed today or at Livingston.

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

What makes you think Musonda doesn’t care? 

His performance today.  Can understand up to a point.  The African Cup is just around the corner so I’m sure he doesn’t want to be playing as a makeshift midfielder between now and January.

Bullen will get the first quarter of the league before there would even be a consideration of emptying him. That takes us to mid/end October. 

I'm not convinced he can get a tune out of these players but he will get the opportunity to turn it round.

1 minute ago, ComradeDiego said:

Were we that bad or were we just outclassed?

Didn’t watch the game, only seen the result after full time but the stats made for some grim reading. 

A bit of both. Dundee United are very clearly much better than us based on the squad, but the defending for all 3 goals was criminal. We did show some flashes of promise in the 1st half (think McGeady had a good chance saved) but it never materialized into anything.

1 minute ago, Nelson said:

His performance today.  Can understand up to a point.  The African Cup is just around the corner so I’m sure he doesn’t want to be playing as a makeshift midfielder between now and January.

His performance was that of someone who didn’t know how to play the position he was being asked to. Didn’t know what to do when he had the ball, didn’t know where to be off the ball and after his booking was fairly reluctant to put himself about. 

This was through no fault of his own and should’ve been subbed at half time. 

1 minute ago, ComradeDiego said:

Were we that bad or were we just outclassed?

Didn’t watch the game, only seen the result after full time but the stats made for some grim reading. 

First half we basically did our best not to lose the game, created very little and didn’t look like we were trying and it allowed them to run over the top of us, they were pretty poor in the final third and in a lot of cases were going to ground to try and win set pieces rather than attack from open play.

second half was exactly the same until they scored from a free header, we shat it and started passing out the park and losing men, they scored a second from a goalkeeper error and we did what we did against Thistle in the playoffs, sat deep and tried to keep the score down but DU had settled for the points by then.