The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

20 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I vaguely remember that. What was the reasoning behind the rejection? I remember my Papa being fuming about it.

The stadium rule to get into the top division was always a load of bollocks anyway. It was a rule with self-preservation at it's heart - the notion of denying teams promotion because of "health and safety concerns" about non-compliant stadia was a complete fabrication.

Yes, what made an absolute mockery of it was that it was fine to be putting your life in danger in a cup match but not in a league match !!

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, what made an absolute mockery of it was that it was fine to be putting your life in danger in a cup match but not in a league match !!

Plus the fact that there were teams in the second tier that had similar crowds to a few top tier sides. So it was okay for them to go to such stadia but not fans of Premier League teams.

15 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Never agreed with a post more in my life. Allan Richardson showed himself to be as clear a fat, old knuckle dragging racist as possible on that page.

And I was pishing myself when Steven mackie blamed the community for not supporting his business when his strategy consisted of buying in beach balls before away games and trying to punt them.

I seen that Steven boy having a go at the Farmers Market that is hosted once a month in the town because he wasn't allowed to punt his beach balls at it :lol:

1 hour ago, Nelson said:

I don’t think we ever really found out, but it certainly seemed that some scores were being settled with Barr by local politicians.

Barr were thriving pre-devolution, at one point they had the contract to resurface every road in Scotland. When roads and pavements were regularly resurfaced and not just patched. 

Post devolution, they got no capital projects at all from the Scottish government. Don't know why, maybe a different bidding process. 

Spoiler

Bribe GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

22 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Has anyone else heard a rumour Pendlebury is away by mutual consent?!

Bloody Hell Baldric !!

Hopefully that will mean two coming in and hopefully will provide a decent budget given the situation.

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

I'm guessing that homesickness is the reason, although sitting getting splinters while Musonda is playing in your place couldn't have helped him think he was going to make an impact up here. 

Would seem the most plausible reason. I was watching him pinging in shots in the pre-match warm-up on Saturday and was thinking how good it was we had a midfielder who was prepared to have a go. Oh well!

Just now, edinburghhonestman said:

Would seem the most plausible reason. I was watching him pinging in shots in the pre-match warm-up on Saturday and was thinking how good it was we had a midfielder who was prepared to have a go. Oh well!

Young had about our only decent shot at goal when he came on, so hopefully he'll be ok.

However it goes without saying that we can't run with Young and Smith as our only Midfielders !!!