The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Probably get better momey but I’ll admit it’s a bit unambitious if he had offers for first team football. 

Even in terms of loan moves it doesn’t look great. It’s generally up to the player whether they want to accept a loan move or stay at the club. If he’s knocked offers back to still with youth/reserve football then it’s a bit worrying. 

It doesn’t - in terms of the guys we’ve signed from down there he stands out as one of, if not the riskiest one. Particularly given how important the central midfield signing are. 

Fingers crossed to looking monumentally stupid in a few weeks…

I guess we might make another one and he’s in the Smith/Pendlebury bracket of someone to develop. 

Edited by No_Problemo

2 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Right now since this weekend i can’t look at the initials CM with out going to CM Punk… at least it was cool watching wrestling in Wembley 

Maybe we need to sign him, Bullen wants a nasty b*****d and Punk likes to start a few fights backstage apparently.

7 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Right now since this weekend i can’t look at the initials CM with out going to CM Punk… at least it was cool watching wrestling in Wembley 

So another one that'll "need a few weeks" to get up to speed

47 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Im guessing it’s a recommendation?

Likely it is. Steven Pressley is Head of Individual Development at Brentford who had Bullen as his assistant at Falkirk. Also Neil McFarlane who replaced Bullen when he left Falkirk is the Brentford B manager.

16 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Likely it is. Steven Pressley is Head of Individual Development at Brentford who had Bullen as his assistant at Falkirk. Also Neil McFarlane who replaced Bullen when he left Falkirk is the Brentford B manager.

I knew they were both there, but wasn’t aware of those crossovers - thanks! 

We know how recommendations to Bullen have went so far… 👀

ETA, to try and be slightly more positive - he does sound like the type of midfielder we need. Plays as a six, tackles and does the basics - we’ll see if he is good enough to do it at our level. 

Edited by No_Problemo

21 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I knew they were both there, but wasn’t aware of those crossovers - thanks! 

We know how recommendations to Bullen have went so far… 👀

I'm not convinced Reda Johnson had ever watched Bangala play so fingers crossed this one has a better ending.

What the hell is going on at Somerset Park by the way?

The constant stream of signings from down south was a fun novelty at first but they are so hit-and-miss it is becoming laughable. No wonder Pendlebury decided to leave, I'd be pretty hacked off if I moved hundreds of miles away to play football only to discover that a central defender and a milquetoast youth team player were getting picked before me in my position. If the coaches didn't rate him over what we had then it's a really bad look for our scouting department, he's ended up as SIXTH choice CM. 

This season could be an absolute disaster for the club if things don't turn around quickly. 

Just now, Shibuya said:

The constant stream of signings from down south was a fun novelty at first but they are so hit-and-miss it is becoming laughable. No wonder Pendlebury decided to leave, I'd be pretty hacked off if I moved hundreds of miles away to play football only to discover that a central defender and a milquetoast youth team player were getting picked before me in my position. If the coaches didn't rate him over what we had then it's a really bad look for our scouting department, he's ended up as SIXTH choice CM. 

This season could be an absolute disaster for the club if things don't turn around quickly. 

I'll get in there first with the classic line "least we'll have the best stand in league 1"

1 minute ago, Shibuya said:

Well you can say it's even worse than that in that since the new guy has been a free agent since June then he must have been pretty far down the list. Was Pendlebury signed over him? Was he even a serious target until they two got injured?

It’s too early to start saying he’s unhappy because Musonda was played ahead of him. That happened for the first time on Saturday so I doubt between then and now that he’s decided he’s away back home. I think it’s more likely that he isn’t happy up here or he and Bullen don’t get on and Bullen has decided he can’t play for us. That at least explains the decision to leave him out on Saturday and against Caley when he probably deserved to start. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s too early to start saying he’s unhappy because Musonda was played ahead of him. That happened for the first time on Saturday so I doubt between then and now that he’s decided he’s away back home. I think it’s more likely that he isn’t happy up here or he and Bullen don’t get on and Bullen has decided he can’t play for us. That at least explains the decision to leave him out on Saturday and against Caley when he probably deserved to start. 

He must be a total c**t if this is the case. 

Saturday already feels like a must win or at very least a must lose. Arbroath looked like they were going to be cannon fodder based on their performance against Dundee United and their double header with QP however that was a very impressive win they had in Greenock on Saturday. 

6 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

You can recieve a greenie for using the word "milquetoast".

But yeah I'm starting to wish this season had never started. This is amateur hour.