The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

14 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

On a side note...that is one of the worst Twitter videos I've ever seen for an announcement.

I was reluctant to say this as I didn’t want to sound picky but that is shockingly bad. Like I could make that in about 3 minutes. Im sure the AI voice doesn’t even say Reading correctly either. 

Young players are fine as long as they have plenty of streetwise older players to guide them through games. That's where the problem lies. We don't have enough older heads and those we do have are too quiet. Bullen is asking for experience but keeps getting kids. I would love to be proved wrong but this strategy is very worrying when you look at how tough the Championship is.

3 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

I was reluctant to say this as I didn’t want to sound picky but that is shockingly bad. Like I could make that in about 3 minutes. Im sure the AI voice doesn’t even say Reading correctly either. 

Why there's an AI voice is anyone's guess. I'd like to think that Sky Sports will copyright the music but I think they would be too embarrassed when they see the cringeworthy video.

5 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

It’s a step up from Scottish championship both in wages and quality of football

2 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Actually I should qualify that. The top teams in that level pay better wages and play better football than most of the teams in our league

It’s the 6th tier of English football. I don’t watch it (neither do you I imagine) but given some of the signings we’ve made from down south I’m not convinced they do.

8 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Why there's an AI voice is anyone's guess. I'd like to think that Sky Sports will copyright the music but I think they would be too embarrassed when they see the cringeworthy video.

Are these things not just meant to be a laugh anyway ?

It's not like we're trying to win an oscar or anything !!!

You know things are bad when people are getting up tight / annoyed about stuff like this 🤣

I take it that’s us done for the window. I’d imagine if we had anyone with proper experience someone would be in the know or would have been announced by know. Really underwhelming on paper but I can see these boys being outstanding and we will be fucked in January when they leave. 

9 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Are these things not just meant to be a laugh anyway ?

It's not like we're trying to win an oscar or anything !!!

You know things are bad when people are getting up tight / annoyed about stuff like this 🤣

If you actually watched it, I could hardly imagine it would have you falling off your chair in laughter.

It came across as lazy, poorly edited and the music actually overpowers the AI voice so it's hard to hear.

On a whole, the club could just to the sensible thing by announce the signing by a simple tweet.

Edited by THEHonestman1910

8 minutes ago, Jack_1910 said:

I take it that’s us done for the window. I’d imagine if we had anyone with proper experience someone would be in the know or would have been announced by know. Really underwhelming on paper but I can see these boys being outstanding and we will be fucked in January when they leave. 

There is still Steven Fletcher, Charlie Mulgrew, Ryan McGeown, James McCarthy, David Wotherspoon & Robert Snodgrass kicking about but most of them have been without a club for a couple of months. Half wouldn't come to us and 2-3 are done.