The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I'm interested to know if the Q&A was always planned or if it's in the light of the poor start we've had 

Na, Ayr dont plan anything mate

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I'm interested to know if the Q&A was always planned or if it's in the light of the poor start we've had 

If I had planned for a fan engagement Q&A to round off the first month of the season and hadn't told anyone about it, I would simply quietly not announce it in the first place after a pathetic fourth defeat in a row.

Was good to see the seafront so busy today for the Airshow and people from all over Scotland actually having a reason to come to Ayr.

Shame however that a massive og seems to have happened with the park and ride system and good old scotrail not helping matters either. 

12 minutes ago, Thumper said:

If I had planned for a fan engagement Q&A to round off the first month of the season and hadn't told anyone about it, I would simply quietly not announce it in the first place after a pathetic fourth defeat in a row.

Aye, fair point. They obviously realise there is a fair bit of discontent within the fans base and know they have to come out and try and address it. 

34 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Was good to see the seafront so busy today for the Airshow and people from all over Scotland actually having a reason to come to Ayr.

Shame however that a massive og seems to have happened with the park and ride system and good old scotrail not helping matters either. 

What was the issue with it? It was a cracking day!

Are Bullens comments about running harder straw clutching or trying to put someone else under the bus. Having employed a sports scientist/fitness guru who has access to data you would think that area shouldn't even be a talking point. So potentially coaching, recruitment and fitness that Mathie perhaps needs to make a decision over 

39 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Are Bullens comments about running harder straw clutching or trying to put someone else under the bus. Having employed a sports scientist/fitness guru who has access to data you would think that area shouldn't even be a talking point. So potentially coaching, recruitment and fitness that Mathie perhaps needs to make a decision over 

I’m hoping it’s metaphorical because they run hard enough, no one is questioning their effort

41 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Are Bullens comments about running harder straw clutching or trying to put someone else under the bus. Having employed a sports scientist/fitness guru who has access to data you would think that area shouldn't even be a talking point.

He won't even accept having an assistant. You think he's spending time poring over bar charts from a sports scientist?

43 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

It’s a very outdated and old fashion metric. Out run them, out fight them etc etc ultimately what you do with the ball dictates outcomes majority of the time. Bullen blaming lack of running should be alarm bells to not recognising the actual problems. 

1 hour ago, AyrExile said:

He made a dig about the fact he'd been left with midfielders who have played about 3 professional games between them. Think he almost said something about "that's what I've been dealt with" but he just about stopped himself as it kind of turned into a mumble 

2 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

He made a dig about the fact he'd been left with midfielders who have played about 3 professional games between them. Think he almost said something about "that's what I've been dealt with" but he just about stopped himself as it kind of turned into a mumble 

That one would be a perfectly fair summary of what he’s been given in that position - dependent on his own involvement obviously. 

The fitness thing is just people looking for something that isn’t there - running harder is just Bullen’s thing.