The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Mr.Blue said:

Serious question here. What's happening at Ayr? Finished 2nd last season and lots of positives on and off the park (looking in from the outside anyway). 

A quick skim over the last few pages here and Bullen getting a lot of criticism and I see the club had fucking sniffer dogs on the turnstiles?!

Bullen got lucky last year . Dipo dragged us there he maybe be a decent coach but the white coaching team have little experience at thus level 

38 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

would that not include academy staff too because that is an unusually large number I would think for a club our size. Even with the hub.

The academy is an entirely separate entity and has its own books. 23 employees in '21, 24 employees in '22.

26 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Little obtuse mate not to hear both sides.

Maybe the one-legged boy was threatening the woman's life?

11 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I don't know what happened, just that I wouldn't be too quick to just absolutely believe what our fans are saying without question.

They steamed in, knocked him over and never helped him up. Can’t say what was said, however they had no regard for his well being. Add to the fact a dog unit shouldn’t be in amongst fans. 

9 minutes ago, Iain said:

Surprised to hear Ian McCall on Off the Ball. Listening to folks on here you’d think he was living under a bridge or something.

Yeah, sounds like he was offered one of the Clyde or Elgin jobs from what he was saying.  

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Back to on the pitch chat... 4 games left for the first quarter, where are the points coming from? 🤷‍♂️Screenshot_20230916_140633_Chrome.thumb.jpg.096cc7fceb25ff54fe950cc3dcc53415.jpg

None

On average we score less than a goal per game and concede more than two.  

Think Davie Hopkin's charlatans would fancy their chances against Bullen's Al-Nusra Front .  

49 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Back to on the pitch chat... 4 games left for the first quarter, where are the points coming from? 🤷‍♂️Screenshot_20230916_140633_Chrome.thumb.jpg.096cc7fceb25ff54fe950cc3dcc53415.jpg

A point against Airdrie? Maybe? 

Mathie shouldn’t have bothered with giving loads of backing to Bullen in his Q&A as he’s just going to look sillier when he parts ways with the club in about a month. 

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

A point against Airdrie? Maybe? 

Mathie shouldn’t have bothered with giving loads of backing to Bullen in his Q&A as he’s just going to look sillier when he parts ways with the club in about a month. 

I think post the Airdrie game is when he may get jettisoned. That 2 week gap before the Dunfermline game would give time to get someone in. 

There's no way it happens sooner after Mathie's full throated support.

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

I think post the Airdrie game is when he may get jettisoned. That 2 week gap before the Dunfermline game would give time to get someone in. 

There's no way it happens sooner after Mathie's full throated support.

Yeah - we just need to hope those around us don’t pick up as we will undoubtedly still be on three points. 

2 hours ago, rgreig said:

I think that our only hope is that McGeady -whether you like him or not, he's not an idiot - is telling Smith and Mathie exactly how inept the coaching is.

I remember in the Sunderland Til I Die documentary, he was openly quite critical of the management of Chris Coleman so he certainly seems like he isn't afraid to speak up if he isn't impressed with what he's seeing

1 minute ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

I remember in the Sunderland Til I Die documentary, he was openly quite critical of the management of Chris Coleman so he certainly seems like he isn't afraid to speak up if he isn't impressed with what he's seeing

I’ll be amazed if he isn’t questioning our management team of youth coaches. 

4 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Nah mate, sniffer dogs in the stand. Said stewards doing this as well...

IMG-20230916-WA0003.thumb.jpg.6a535dcab2fc0683cae904224050174c.jpg

Jesus f**k. What's the reasoning behind the sniffer dogs? Never seen that before. 

Also if the story about the young kid getting knocked over is true then that's an absolute disgrace.