The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

17 hours ago, eez-eh said:

I’d love to see some of the comments they get from the technologically challenged people.

Folk asking for a 36 inch waist in the away top.

If it's anything like what I got people will open the message with "I am a season ticket holder for 30 years"

6 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

If it's anything like what I got people will open the message with "I am a season ticket holder for 30 years"

And I hope you immediately bowed down and granted them any wish that they desired? 

55 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Guessing they’ll get a few grants for it considering it’s a “community centre/gym”. It’s a good next step for us off the pitch and he must be quite happy with how the stand is progressing for us to announce another project. 

Funnily enough my work has just received a grant from SAC for machinery that helps bring in extra revenue to the area and create jobs, so would imagine with the gym it would be open to the public and generate cash and employment that way.

RE discussion of grants - seems the project is dependent on "Grassroots Facilities Fund" being awarded. Hopefully that gets approved.

It's great to see some more plans and efforts to improve off the field matters for the club - credit to Mr Chairman. It would be another great step in modernising aspects of the club.

"Ayr United can confirm it has been in discussions with the Scottish FA regarding an application to their Grassroots Facilities Fund for the last number of months. The proposed ‘Community Corner’ facility is designed to significantly increase the club’s capacity to deliver community physical activity and education for a host of community groups, in addition to all of the club’s playing sections. The application will now go through a stringent process, and whilst there is no guarantee of the required funding being granted, the club felt it appropriate to progress to a planning application so it can move quickly to deliver the project should the application be successful."

3 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Is that the bird shit jersey people talk about?

Yes.
Ayr were the graveyard of Ayrshire business. Just about every shirt sponsor shut after sponsoring Ayr.

Centrum, Arrow van hire, What everyone wants, The gym at Centrum, Strachans, Kennedy construction, Barr construction.

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Yes.
Ayr were the graveyard of Ayrshire business. Just about every shirt sponsor shut after sponsoring Ayr.

Centrum, Arrow van hire, What everyone wants, The gym at Centrum, Strachans, Kennedy construction, Barr construction.

Was it Kennedy who tried to buy the club years ago?

8 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Was it Kennedy who tried to buy the club years ago?

Aye, he tried to buy the club from Cameron Sr and for him to honour the £1 transaction that he bought it for.  Cameron declined and Kennedy construction went bust within the year.

The Leader free newspaper - another defunct sponsor 

4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Aye, he tried to buy the club from Cameron Sr and for him to honour the £1 transaction that he bought it for.  Cameron declined and Kennedy construction went bust within the year.

The Leader free newspaper - another defunct sponsor 

Yeah, I vaguely remember him trying to buy the club and getting knocked back. Must have been around 2004 or 2005?

That Leader Ayr United top was the first one I had. I got it for Christmas in 2000. I must have been the only boy in the London Borough of Greenwich with an Ayr United top.

2 hours ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

Looks the part. The hospital radio building had a weird machine gun emplacement vibe about it, so I’ll be glad to see that torn down. 

That was going to be the next move after the dogs.

Edited by Richey Edwards