The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, Jack_1910 said:

We definitely had more chances than the partick game. Regardless of that we actually made a game of it which is the more important thing. We went 2 down and gave up against partick

Well raith are 2nd so they are technically well above us right now like it or not. 

They are, but vaguely competing with a side for a half who we were supposed to be challenging this season isn’t a positive. 

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Anyone else think today's attendance was a bit crap? It was even lower than the ICT home game.

Yeah I thought so too. On one hand you can maybe understand it given we’re not doing too well but we had a brilliant win last week which I thought might’ve persuaded a few more to come along. 

I don’t think last week changes anything regarding Bullen. He knows he’s still under pressure and we need to be looking at four points from Dunfermline and Airdrie. If not then I think a decision needs to be made. 

18 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m not sure as it’s something he was coping with at the start of the season. I thought he was poor for a couple of the goals against Thistle and he looked a bit iffy again today. Got very lucky at a corner in the second half when he came charging off his line and got nowhere near the ball. 

It feels silly criticising him as he’s far from our biggest issue and is still good enough for this level but I think it’s maybe fair to wonder if his form has anything to do with Timmins leaving. 

There were a few times even in the Morton game, where he was coming out wide into some daft positions for a goalkeeper, and he seems to be doing it every game at least once now.

Just feels like he's talking unnecessary risks

5 minutes ago, Peil said:

There were a few times even in the Morton game, where he was coming out wide into some daft positions for a goalkeeper, and he seems to be doing it every game at least once now.

Just feels like he's talking unnecessary risks

I think its understandable. With that back line in front of him he's probably thinking if any one of them take a touch and give me an awful back pass I'll be in trouble so he tries to be sweeper keeper. He's not Neuer though.

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yeah I thought so too. On one hand you can maybe understand it given we’re not doing too well but we had a brilliant win last week which I thought might’ve persuaded a few more to come along. 

Yeah I don't think that was fooling anyone this week.

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t think last week changes anything regarding Bullen. He knows he’s still under pressure and we need to be looking at four points from Dunfermline and Airdrie. If not then I think a decision needs to be made. 

True.

I still think if we get a doing from Airdrie he will be emptied as it gives the club a bit of time to get their act together.

Even 4 points is in the next two would only give us 10 points from the first quarter which is probably 8th place form (at best).

Was in the stand today and there was a bizarre 60 seconds during the game when a fan shouted something at Bullen and he very slowly walked over towards the wall, staring at the fan.

Felt like it went ok forever, while the play raged on behind him.

Strange behaviour - felt quite creepy and a bit sinister.

11 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Shite form
Shite weather
North Terrace being shut
£22 is a lot to justify based on above

7 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Yeah I don't think that was fooling anyone this week.

5 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

4 league wins in 9 months gets to us all 🤣

All of the above. I was in the Carnegie Library about 2 pm and had no inclination to go on to Somerset. Not proud of it just hugely apathetic at the moment. Will Smith's gamble of Championship survival under Bullen work out? I suppose we will find out in time.

Yet another pish home game. Abysmal 1st half, better in the second. Why oh why didnt Murphy just shot near the end rather than take too many touches 🙄 Raith at it all game with the play acting, wanting the physio on then not wanting her on. To compound matters I was 1 number away from winning the half time draw. Been buying them for years and won jackshit. 

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

Yet another pish home game. Abysmal 1st half, better in the second. Why oh why didnt Murphy just shot near the end rather than take too many touches 🙄 Raith at it all game with the play acting, wanting the physio on then not wanting her on. To compound matters I was 1 number away from winning the half time draw. Been buying them for years and won jackshit. 

You must have just bought after me outside the hub before 2pm😉