The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 hours ago, Honest_Ally said:

I'm sure they will win, although Murdoch and Smith could also be in with a shout.

Not Murdoch - he turned 24 back in January so not qualified for YPOTY.

Voted Doohan and Shankland across the whole.

Agree that Smith is bit unlucky to miss out. 

Consistency has definitely been an issue in terms of poty.

Generally I've found that when rose plays well, we play well. That's unusual to say about a centre half but he makes us (made us) more assured.

Murdoch has been most consistent from what I've seen but not a poty. Smith too.

Just had a look at the playoffs fixture dates, there’s an argument to say it would be benefitical to us to finish 4th rather than 3rd, presuming It’s ICT we’d be playing. While 3rd gets home advantage on the Saturday it would mean travelling up to Inverness midweek which isn’t great for the players or fans, if we finished 4th it would be the opposite with them travelling down to us midweek and us travelling up there on the Saturday 

39 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Just had a look at the playoffs fixture dates, there’s an argument to say it would be benefitical to us to finish 4th rather than 3rd, presuming It’s ICT we’d be playing. While 3rd gets home advantage on the Saturday it would mean travelling up to Inverness midweek which isn’t great for the players or fans, if we finished 4th it would be the opposite with them travelling down to us midweek and us travelling up there on the Saturday 

I don’t think it’s guaranteed that one of the legs would be on a Saturday. I’m sure a lot of the play-off games have been on Friday nights.

Would agree that travelling up on a sat makes sense , but not to worry because that’s where we’ll finish fourth, but I’m sorry regardless of when we play them or anyone else out teas out teams know how to stop and beat us, crying out for height and good competitors today and the best we’ve got are Adams and Muirhead who should have playing at the back today. You would have thought we were the team in the semi Scottish next week and trying to be canny as they knocked us all over the place.

Dont know what the boy Muirheads done but he has definitely not been that bad and should be at the back instead of Bell.

Again master stroke taking a threat to them in Cadden off and Mcdade on what a roaster of a player but watch him on Friday night on the tv when everyone’s watching and he’ll be our best player.

Shankland really poor again keeps this up and his big move will disappear.

Would agree that travelling up on a sat makes sense , but not to worry because that’s where we’ll finish fourth, but I’m sorry regardless of when we play them or anyone else out teas out teams know how to stop and beat us, crying out for height and good competitors today and the best we’ve got are Adams and Muirhead who should have playing at the back today. You would have thought we were the team in the semi Scottish next week and trying to be canny as they knocked us all over the place.
Dont know what the boy Muirheads done but he has definitely not been that bad and should be at the back instead of Bell.
Again master stroke taking a threat to them in Cadden off and Mcdade on what a roaster of a player but watch him on Friday night on the tv when everyone’s watching and he’ll be our best player.
Shankland really poor again keeps this up and his big move will disappear.

Muirhead had a calf strain.

Cadden was running non stop so was likely knackered.

1 minute ago, Lochwood said:

Pre match comment was everyone’s fit, and a knackered Cadden would have been more of a threat than Mcdade

McCall said post match that Muirhead had a calf strain. 

And I'd rather not run Cadden into the ground and not be able to use him on Tuesday night. 

3 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Pre match comment was everyone’s fit, and a knackered Cadden would have been more of a threat than Mcdade

I obviously haven’t seen you play as much as you guys will have this season, but every time you’ve played us i’ve genuinely thought McDaid has been your best player. 

4 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Ryan Stevenson on Off The Ball

Thought he was quite good.

Did you pick him up talking about McCall pulling McGuffie out of Uni to get him to sign a FT deal with us? 

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Thought he was quite good.

Did you pick him up talking about McCall pulling McGuffie out of Uni to get him to sign a FT deal with us? 

I kind of guessed that's who he was on about.

Don't know how we lost that today thought we played quite well.smith was brilliant and so was Miller. I reckon we at least deserved a draw .liked the look of cadden nice too see a winger taking it on and beating a man.mcdaid is so frustrating great game one week poor the next .shankland looks half the player he was before his injury bar one or two games .he looks unfit ,low in conference. a tough week with queens on Tues and arabs on fri .4 points out of the two games would be supperb .I just hope we secure a playoff place. Though we will get our bogey team and they will shaft us as per usual.

Forrest not even being on the bench was bizarre. The fact that the last 3 games it’s been a different player left out smacks of McCall just trying to please everyone.

I’d drop Shanklnd for a game or two on account of him not looking anywhere near fit. I thought he looked like he’d put on a bit of weight.

Forrest not even being on the bench was bizarre. The fact that the last 3 games it’s been a different player left out smacks of McCall just trying to please everyone.
I’d drop Shanklnd for a game or two on account of him not looking anywhere near fit. I thought he looked like he’d put on a bit of weight.

I think Forrest was brought back too early on Tuesday.

Sandy Stewart looked like he was putting him through a vigorous warm up before the game as it was just him doing it.