The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

43 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Will explain the sudden heavy police prescene at the end of the game yesterday

That woman is as awful as the section B losers.  

Think she had a woman getting hut, the guys van getting smashed up, the house windows getting smashed and none of it happened 😂

3 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

What exactly do people get out of behaving like utter c***s over the football? Total wee baws behaviour. 

Just go and watch the game FFS.

If it wasn’t for the police they’d have been more running away imo.

The threat of flares brought about dogs on the terrace.

Actual hooliganism (sad lads in stone island calling each other names with their jukes up) Christ knows what they will have in store come the Morton game. The front of the Somerset road end fenced? Full body cavity search? Armed riot police popping off rubber bullets? Water cannons? 

24 minutes ago, baba douche said:

How much would you take to let him leave?

3 weeks ago we’d have paid both him and SW to take him.

I don’t know what the compensation system is for managers but I remember we signed a player based on the money we got from Thistle for Scally. 

53 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Bullen says there has been no contact with Sheffield Wednesday at all and says he is comfortable (strange phrase to use) at Ayr

Comfortable isn't that strange a word to use. You also have unintentionally missed out him saying "I'm happy here".

Just now, GaryMc93 said:

Comfortable isn't that strange a word to use. You also have unintentionally missed out him saying "I'm happy here".

Well no, he said I’m comfortable, probably realised how mad that sounded and added, I’m happy here. Even the other way round would be weird.

If you asked your partner if they were happy in a relationship with you and they responded, “I’m comfortable with you” you’d have questions

7 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I’d let him go for nothing. One result against what looked like a poor airdrie team has done nothing to convince me he’s the right man for the job

The same “poor Airdrie team” that has beat Partick and Raith already this season, and who had only lost at home once since March?

Still not convinced with Bullen btw but I can definitely see us putting a run of results together after this.

12 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

If you asked your partner if they were happy in a relationship with you and they responded, “I’m comfortable with you” you’d have questions. 

Think you’re reading a bit too much into his word choice there. He works for Ayr United, he’s not married to it. 

Dowds and Chalmers both being loanees still gives me the fear. On the other hand, Chalmers 😍

How many times did he successfully trap a ball to him while he was in mid-air? Fucking super saiyan shit.

With regards to Bullen: the highlights show Sean McGinty playing the ball on the deck on the halfway line. If that isn't progress I don't know what is. Not exactly calling for statues of him on the High Street yet but you can only beat what's in front of you.

Edited by Thumper

Think the key to any kind of perceived success this season hinges on sorting out our home form as it’s shite and has been shite for some time now. Away from home we’ve been generally competitive to good. If Bullen can somehow find a way to turn that round it’d go a long way to getting the fans to be more “comfortable” with him. 

1 hour ago, baba douche said:

How much would you take to let him leave?

I believe that his contract is up at the end of the season anyway. I wouldn't give him a new one. 

He must be doing something right on the coaching side which is shown in the improvement in some of our players since he has come in, so he's probably a good coach. However, as a manager he is poor tactically and has no game management ability. 

28 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

Think you’re reading a bit too much into his word choice there. He works for Ayr United, he’s not married to it. 

I'm not looking too much in to it, I just said it was a weird choice of words. 

Ok......If your boss asked if you were happy at work, would you say - I'm comfortable?