The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

27 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Dowds and Chalmers both being loanees still gives me the fear. On the other hand, Chalmers 😍

How many times did he successfully trap a ball to him while he was in mid-air? Fucking super saiyan shit.

With regards to Bullen: the highlights show Sean McGinty playing the ball on the deck on the halfway line. If that isn't progress I don't know what is. Not exactly calling for statues of him on the High Street yet but you can only beat what's in front of you.

You Bullen loving/hating b*****d

Just making sure I'm covering all bases. 

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

I'm not looking too much in to it, I just said it was a weird choice of words. 

Ok......If your boss asked if you were happy at work, would you say - I'm comfortable?

I think that’s a perfectly honest description of how most employees would feel and that’ll be in jobs that are far less cut throat and mercenary than football. 

Got to bear in mind that he’s still up here without any family whatsoever so it’s hard for anyone to say they’re more than comfortable being so far away from their wife and kids. 

I don’t think there’s any illusion of him being here long term. Unless we somehow go up I think there will be a parting of the ways in the summer. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

I'm not looking too much in to it, I just said it was a weird choice of words. 

Ok......If your boss asked if you were happy at work, would you say - I'm comfortable?

It’s just a bit of an absurd analogy…but to your question, given that morale in my work is rock bottom, then aye. Comfortable is as good as I could muster.
In any case I certainly wouldn’t go in and profess my undying love for the place.

19 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

However, as a manager he is poor tactically and has no game management ability. 

This is true to an extent. 

Last season, he didn't really have to, he just had to hope Dipo scored to win points. When he didn't. we were screwed. 
He tried to set up differently in certain games, Like the Kilmarnock game and the Thistle game where he went light in a midfield up against probably the best midfield in the league at the time. When plan A fails, there hasn't been a plan B. 

Queens Park and Airdrie, the plans both worked, although we conceded in both. Raith, he made changes at half time that made us better (cue @Nelson "but we lost") and its obvious that he's trying to change things up. While making zero inroads at improving the defence unfortunately.  

12 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

This is true to an extent. 

Last season, he didn't really have to, he just had to hope Dipo scored to win points. When he didn't. we were screwed. 
He tried to set up differently in certain games, Like the Kilmarnock game and the Thistle game where he went light in a midfield up against probably the best midfield in the league at the time. When plan A fails, there hasn't been a plan B. 

Queens Park and Airdrie, the plans both worked, although we conceded in both. Raith, he made changes at half time that made us better (cue @Nelson "but we lost") and its obvious that he's trying to change things up. While making zero inroads at improving the defence unfortunately.  

We lost!

1 hour ago, GuyIncognito said:

The same “poor Airdrie team” that has beat Partick and Raith already this season, and who had only lost at home once since March?

Still not convinced with Bullen btw but I can definitely see us putting a run of results together after this.

Did you think airdrie looked good though- that’s why I said a poor team. They look like the second worst team we have played so far. 

5 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I'd be interested to see how much time Musonda has missed in Scotland due to injury. It feels like he's barely ever able to get a run of games before it happens again.

It happened this time last year too and we never saw him till after afcon in February I think? 

13 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Did you think airdrie looked good though- that’s why I said a poor team. They look like the second worst team we have played so far. 

We got our tactics spot on though and made them look poor. 

7 minutes ago, railwayend said:

How about this ? We’ll finish above the three teams we’ve beaten in the league so far . Pars might be a different matter but let’s see . We get better every week . The young midfielders in particular. 

Yeah that's fine till January then it might be all change again.

5 minutes ago, railwayend said:

How about this ? We’ll finish above the three teams we’ve beaten in the league so far . Pars might be a different matter but let’s see . We get better every week . The young midfielders in particular. 

This reads a lot differently if you expect Ayr to finish around fourth than if you expect Ayr to finish around seventh.

For all that there has finally been a progression beyond hoofball this season, it only works if you have the strikers for it, and anyone taking bets on Ayr after December is mental.

2 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I don’t know because I wasn’t at the game, but based on their results and some of their players you cannot honestly describe them as a poor side. If we’ve made them look poor like some have said then that’s a huge positive for us going forward

4 minutes ago, GuyIncognito said:

I don’t know because I wasn’t at the game, but based on their results and some of their players you cannot honestly describe them as a poor side. If we’ve made them look poor like some have said then that’s a huge positive for us going forward

We did, they play a game that relies on the other team pressing so that they can find gaps to advance with their passing.  We held off until they got into areas you had to deal with it.  Was a disciplined performance.  One person goes headless chicken and it falls to bits.  

Can't do that every game though. 

We were the nemesis of a few teams last season because we played a way that stopped their preferred style and we were able to take our chances. Morton and Raith in particular.  

The QP and Airdrie games have been different because we have changed our style to beat them and its worked. 

I haven't seen Dunfermline under McPake but we had a pretty decent record against his Dundee team. 

11 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

We were the nemesis of a few teams last season because we played a way that stopped their preferred style and we were able to take our chances. Morton and Raith in particular.  

The QP and Airdrie games have been different because we have changed our style to beat them and its worked. 

I haven't seen Dunfermline under McPake but we had a pretty decent record against his Dundee team. 

Dunfermline try to play good football, but I'm not sure they've got the players to do it well for a whole game.

Should be gaps to exploit, unless they're successful in playing through you early on. Then you might struggle.