The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

24 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m sure someone on here had said this before. 

C’mon now. 

There are black and white tinted glasses and then there is this. Che Adams has spent most of the last five years in the English Premiership!

I like Che Adams but Shankland  at least knows where the goal is. Adams does a lot for the team but he isn’t really a striker

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m sure someone on here had said this before. 

C’mon now. 

There are black and white tinted glasses and then there is this. Che Adams has spent most of the last five years in the English Premiership!

Che Adams: 128 Appearances and 28 Goals. Goal every 4.6 Games.

Lawrence Shankland: 45 Appearances and 25 Goals. Goal every 1.8 Games.

If anything, I'd say Shankland deserves a chance.

2 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I think Shankland suffers from that move to Belgium, if he had been at a team that weren't a total bin fire he would probably get more of a look in. The fact he's playing for Hearts and not either of the OF or an English Tier 1-2 club will go against him perception wise, he will be one of those guys that gets chucked on in friendlies / dead rubbers or if we have a major injury crisis unless he gets a move to a bigger club. 

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I like Che Adams but Shankland  at least knows where the goal is. Adams does a lot for the team but he isn’t really a striker

41 minutes ago, Dauntless said:

Bang on .

8 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Anyone seeing this that isn’t an Ayr United fan would absolutely find this argument hilarious. 

You are comparing someone’s goalscoring form in the Scottish Premiership to that of someone in the English Premiership. It is utterly wild. 

Che Adams scored plenty of goals in the English Championship btw. I love Shankland but he isn’t close to Che Adams. 

33 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I love Lawrence Shankland but trying to argue that he is a better option than Che Adams is genuinely mental. 

If Shankland played with Rangers or Celtic he'd be pushing 35 goals a season and would be getting caps galore . Adams is a turnip in goal scoring terms . I doubt he's even Championship class .

5 minutes ago, Dauntless said:

If Shankland played with Rangers or Celtic he'd be pushing 35 goals a season and would be getting caps galore . Adams is a turnip in goal scoring terms . I doubt he's even Championship class .

He literally scored 22 goals in the championship, and then earned a move up a league. 

37 minutes ago, railwayend said:

26 for Hearts last season just a couple behind Celtic’s wonder boy .

I have no idea what your point is. 

I was talking about Che Adams scoring a certain amount in the English Championship, as the original point was that he was a “turnip” goal scoring wise - even in the championship. 

Shankland nearly as good as Kyogo up next then…