The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Regardless of how results go over the next two months, it could all be undone by the loan players we have leaving. It would be good to have some of that sorted in the coming weeks

Aye.  That team today all of a sudden losing Dowds Chalmers and Senga instantly goes from playoff contenders to how many points off 9th are we 🤣

24 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Aye.  That team today all of a sudden losing Dowds Chalmers and Senga instantly goes from playoff contenders to how many points off 9th are we 🤣

And Young, it would only leave Smith off the bench once Dempsey comes back.

Today was a good performance. The chat on the match thread was pretty derisory towards McKenzie but once he went off it was clear what he offers and Rose doesn’t. Bryden and Dowds also, we need positive options off the bench as well as keeping Senga/young and both Chalmers and Dowds 

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I'd still like to see Amartey partnering Dowds. Make it so Bullen, you're actually turning this round!

Make It So Star Trek GIF

Last season was about Dipo scoring goals, it was easy up until he didn’t score goals. At that point, we were fucked. Absolutely no plan B. We created so few chances and relied on Akinyemis ability. We were fine defensively and the midfield was functional but lacked something.

This season, Murphy and Chalmers have provided class and flair. We are creating chances and our counter attacks involve several passes rather than one very long one.

Dunfermline worked us out today and it won’t be long before other teams do as well so it’ll be up to Bullen to have a plan B ready when Chalmers and Murphy are shut off.

Dempsy, Murdoch and Senga would be some midfield though 

24 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

And Young, it would only leave Smith off the bench once Dempsey comes back.

Today was a good performance. The chat on the match thread was pretty derisory towards McKenzie but once he went off it was clear what he offers and Rose doesn’t. Bryden and Dowds also, we need positive options off the bench as well as keeping Senga/young and both Chalmers and Dowds 

To be fair, most of the McKenzie criticism was over his abysmal finishing. If he takes either of his gilt-edged chances I don't think anyone would have any complaints about his day.

Just now, Iain said:

To be fair, most of the McKenzie criticism was over his abysmal finishing. If he takes either of his gilt-edged chances I don't think anyone would have any complaints about his day.

They were sarcastic comments about him doing the dirty work rather than actually scoring goals.

At this point, his job isn’t about scoring goals, it’s about the work he does on an off the ball to allow guys like Dowds to score. 

Having said that, I’d have expected defenders to have scored had they been in the positions McKenzie missed from today. 

58 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Right now we haven't lost either of them. Why worry about something that hasn't happened and might never happen? Relax and enjoy the weekend. 

20 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Aye, Senga is a very tidy player. He was everywhere in that first half. He was tiring when he was brought off but hopefully he can keep up that intensity for a full match. 

Not a bad first piece of recruitment from McGeady!

11 minutes ago, Iain said:

There were several comments around him offering nothing and being shit tbf, though I imagine several were borne out of pure frustration. 

1 hour ago, Hursty said:

As all 3 have played for their parent clubs this season Ireland is probably the only option for them as neither them or Young would be regulars if recalled.

Ideal situation may be extending Senga and Young loans in January and loan out Smith (and Bryden) to L1 clubs.

1 minute ago, GaryMc93 said:

As all 3 have played for their parent clubs this season Ireland is probably the only option for them as neither them or Young would be regulars if recalled.

Ideal situation may be extending Senga and Young loans in January and loan out Smith (and Bryden) to L1 clubs.

Yeah - agree with this. 

Smith will be 22 by the end of the season and won’t even be in double figures of starts. 

3 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

We own Syla, Murdoch and Dempsey and out of the 2 loanees, Young is more similar to those three than Senga so if we were to keep one it would be Senga. I think Young is a better ball winner than the other 4.

Dowds should be the easiest to deal with for next season.

Chalmers ambition is maybe the biggest stumbling block to us signing him. We are probably his best option career wise but his performances may win him a move where he earns a great deal more money but his game time could be limited. 18 months at Ayr could be a huge benefit to him if he plays the way he has been. 

25 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

I think Charlies save today might be the best I've ever seen. Absolutely unbelievable game winning save. It was that good.

It was one of those ones that I couldn't quite believe when it happened.

Tbh, you could probably call it a very very bad miss from the the striker, but a brilliant save nonetheless.

He seemed to really enjoy the praise from the fans after the final whistle, which was quite pleasing.