The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Pathetic second half after getting ourselves into a great position. Those subs were a mess.

It's something a lot of us on here have talked about regularly, but our game management is often all over the place. 

Not happy with seeing Bullen throwing players under the bus - the second half was his doing. 

31 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

That is something else from Bullen - he's not taking any responsibility for his pish. 

That is genuinely unbelievable. 

Utterly fucking raging, everyone in that place knew Bullen had fucked it - the arrogance to put that on the players is off the scale. 

That 2nd half sums up why we need to move on from Bullen.  5 substitutions and we just got progressively worse.  Chaotic, disjointed, throw mud at the wall and see what sticks approach to management.  Bullen has an absolute cheek blaming the players.  How did we end up with Bryden up front by himself?  We basically had no goal threat for the last 20 minutes of the game which just invited them on to us.  

We’ll be very lucky to avoid relegation.

5 minutes ago, Nelson said:

That 2nd half sums up why we need to move on from Bullen.  5 substitutions and we just got progressively worse.  Chaotic, disjointed, throw mud at the wall and see what sticks approach to management.  Bullen has an absolute cheek blaming the players.  How did we end up with Bryden up front by himself?  We basically had no goal threat for the last 20 minutes of the game which just invited them on to us.  

We’ll be very lucky to avoid relegation.

Agree with everything you say,apart from relegation,Morton are way worse than us,if only if we didn't have half time then Bullen cant have any say,Smith on was a joke,then fucking Bryden up there himself,another player who is out his depth at this level

Just now, Ayrutd1910 said:

Agree with everything you say,apart from relegation,Morton are way worse than us,if only if we didn't have half time then Bullen cant have any say,Smith on was a joke,then fucking Bryden up there himself,another player who is out his depth at this level

Can only suggest you look at the league table.  Morton may well be worse than us, though Imrie is on his last legs and they may find a new manager bounce Inverness style.  But even finishing 9th still leaves us up against Falkirk or Hamilton who are ripping through League 1.  

Firstly, Smith has been fourth in line - now suddenly he is on instead of Senga.

We were poor at the start of the second half, but QP hadn’t done a great deal. We then conceded from yet another set piece, that is three games in a row and at this point it is very much a coaching issue. 

We were struggling so to me the options were to go to five in midfield with Dowds up front or potentially bring Amartey up front to stretch them and stop them piling in on top of us. 

Bullen decided to bring Bryden on. I mean generally why? What did he think that was going to change. Ten minutes later he inexplicably decided to bring off Dowds and puts Bryden up front himself - which everyone knows he just can’t do. If he was going to go five in midfield it should have been ten minutes earlier, and it should never involve subbing off Dowds and playing Bryden himself. Predictably Bryden was terrible by himself, but you can’t really blame him - it was on Bullen.

With about fifteen minutes remaining he then decided he should introduce McGeady - someone returning from two months out and is probably the last player you want on defending a lead. Ecrepont, McAllister and McKenzie would all have been better options to help us get over the line. 

Even towards the end, swapping Amartey and Bryden might have had an impact. We just needed some physicality to get a hold of the ball and get up the park. Of course, Bullen just stood watching. 

At 2-0 up I genuinely think Bullen thought the game was won. 

They get a goal back and he shits himself and throws an extra man in the middle of the park. We can’t defend, we haven’t defended well all season and it’s not a problem that can be fixed by numbers. 

We beat QP earlier on the season because we kept out foot on their throats for 90 minutes. Today we gave up at half time and it is all on Bullen and his daft subs. He hardly makes a sub before the 90th minute and today he was sub happy. 

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Bullen decided to bring Bryden on. I mean generally why? What did he think that was going to change.

Bryden showed on Tuesday night what his best contribution can be at this level - inject an element of chaos and energy up front for a short time. It rarely works but did on Tuesday and he was unlucky not to score.

I didn't see the game today so can't comment on it. We all know Bullen loves repeating what he thinks worked in the last match regardless of opposition/scoreline/other factors.

While I’m in full on rage mode, Eddie Annand was introduced to the ground a full twenty minutes before kick off when the place was empty and info given around brain tumour charities. What the f**k sort of way is that to treat him…

How hard would it be to get him out at HT.

2 minutes ago, wuffster said:

Bryden showed on Tuesday night what his best contribution can be at this level - inject an element of chaos and energy up front for a short time. It rarely works but did on Tuesday and he was unlucky not to score.

I didn't see the game today so can't comment on it. We all know Bullen loves repeating what he thinks worked in the last match regardless of opposition/scoreline/other factors.

Bryden wasn’t left up front by himself against Partick though.  That was just mindless today.

1 minute ago, wuffster said:

Yeah - Bryden can occasionally offer something in front of a physical striker. What Bullen tried to do with him today was scarily inept. He tried to make him a focal point, which he just can’t do. All of our other strikers are far better than him at it. 

6 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Bryden wasn’t left up front by himself against Partick though.  That was just mindless today.

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

What Bullen tried to do with him today was scarily inept. He tried to make him a focal point, which he just can’t do. All of our other strikers are far better than him at it. 

Fair enough. I certainly wasn't defending Bullen 😆. Just echoing the previous comments about Bullen's poor team selections/subs/game management.

1 minute ago, wuffster said:

Fair enough. I certainly wasn't defending Bullen 😆. Just echoing the previous comments about Bullen's poor team selections/subs/game management.

Even the happy clappers aren’t in the mood to defend Bullen!

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

Bullen is just one of the ever growing number of “fine margins” managers these days.

We’ll just ignore the fact we were rotten the whole second half and blame it all on one individual moment.

Hilariously, it also came from Bryden being unable to hold the ball up too. 

He couldn’t possibly question his own decision making in that process though. 

39 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

While I’m in full on rage mode, Eddie Annand was introduced to the ground a full twenty minutes before kick off when the place was empty and info given around brain tumour charities. What the f**k sort of way is that to treat him…

How hard would it be to get him out at HT.

Yeah thought that was bizarre. Was in early for a change and seen him, but like you say half time before or after the penalty shoot out thing would have made much more sense. 

Just now, callum-ayr said:

Yeah thought that was bizarre. Was in early for a change and seen him, but like you say half time before or after the penalty shoot out thing would have made much more sense. 

Yeah - the guy has a fucking brain tumour and we can’t even give him a nice moment with the fans at HT. 

Not even taking into account that he scored one of the most memorable goals I’ve seen for us.