The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

26 points to go.  

We got 33 in the same spell last year for reference...

I think we should be fine with the quality of Murphy, Chalmers and Dowds but I think the players are perfectly entitled to be raging at Bullen for his post match comments today. That can lead you down a bad road… 

Just now, No_Problemo said:

I think we should be fine with the quality of Murphy, Chalmers and Dowds but I think the players are perfectly entitled to be raging at Bullen for his post match comments today. That can lead you down a bad road… 

I wouldn't say that as there's every chance we won't have Dowds or Chalmers after January...

How wr can go from scoring 5 v them at the "wide pitch" Hampden a matter of weeks ago, to shitting the bed spectacularly yet again in the dying minute(s)?

Yet another failure to win at home, but fear not lads, I'm at a wedding when we play Abroath so all hope is not lost of seeing another win this calendar year 🙄

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Sorry lads, I'm not the jinx. I didn't make it today because of other commitments so thought we were a stick on to win.

Did Franny get on?

At 75 minutes - Bryden was preferred as the first striker sub though. He had a couple of moments where he kept the ball and get us forward, which no one else managed to do all half. 

You can guarantee he will be a scapegoat in the future team selections though. 

22 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I haven't watched it but I'm presuming he is, of course, blameless as he is the perfect man who had done no wrong since he came in the door? 

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I haven't watched it but I'm presuming he is, of course, blameless as he is the perfect man who had done no wrong since he came in the door? 

In the posts further up, from the VOR Twitter. 

Of course he does, but he actually actively excuses himself from wrongdoing - which is the best part. 

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

While I’m in full on rage mode, Eddie Annand was introduced to the ground a full twenty minutes before kick off when the place was empty and info given around brain tumour charities. What the f**k sort of way is that to treat him…

How hard would it be to get him out at HT.

This has sickened me. He is worth more than that. Done at half time for entertainment, not before the majority of fans are in the ground.

Just now, Roxanne's man said:

This has sickened me. He is worth more than that. Done at half time for entertainment, not before the majority of fans are in the ground.

Yeah, shite state of affairs and I imagine especially for you personally - though at least you didn’t go to the game in expectation and missed it as you weren’t there twenty minutes early! I did see there is an interview with him, so at least there is that. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Yeah, shite state of affairs and I imagine especially for you personally - though at least you didn’t go to the game in expectation and missed it as you weren’t there twenty minutes early! I did see there is an interview with him, so at least there is that. 

I mean, if the highlight of the off pitch entertainment is Somerset Boab over the tannoy, something is going very wrong.

I'm actually angry Eddie Annand wasn't treated like a returning champion to mass applause as opposed to some passive pre match spectacle in front of next to nobody 🫤

1 minute ago, Roxanne's man said:

I'm actually angry Eddie Annand wasn't treated like a returning champion to mass applause as opposed to some passive pre match spectacle in front of next to nobody 🫤

I wasn't at the game because I was on placement, but that's a fucking joke and a terrible way to treat the man whose goal got us to our only major final.