The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, Rb123 said:

George Stanger ahead of schedule and could be back for Airdrie at home week on Saturday.

Back of AP also says Bullen believes we can win this weekend lol

Shoulder dislocations are tricky, if they don’t heal properly the first time, they will continually pop out, it becomes second nature to put it back in as long as you know what you are doing. A PE teacher I had decided to give it a go with a pupil and they had actually broken their shoulder. Him swinging his are about like a twat to pop it back in didn’t help much. 

Think Peter Murphy did his at Palmerston or Cappelow and put it back in at the side of the pitch and played on 

2 hours ago, Rb123 said:

George Stanger ahead of schedule and could be back for Airdrie at home week on Saturday.

The prospect of beating the team that lost to Queen of the South really isn't all that laughable. 

2 hours ago, Rb123 said:

Oh, has he resigned while I've been away? 

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

For some reason my Facebook memory video today was a clip from the SPFL in 2016 when Greg Fleming saved 2 pens in a minute for you lot away at Dunfermline. 

Cause you're obsessed with the super ayr m8 just accept it 

18 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Shoulder dislocations are tricky, if they don’t heal properly the first time, they will continually pop out, it becomes second nature to put it back in as long as you know what you are doing. A PE teacher I had decided to give it a go with a pupil and they had actually broken their shoulder. Him swinging his are about like a twat to pop it back in didn’t help much. 

Think Peter Murphy did his at Palmerston or Cappelow and put it back in at the side of the pitch and played on 

You didn't go to Marr in the early-mid 00s did you? If not, I'm worried there are a number of wannabe paramedic PE teachers running around Ayrshire. 

11 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

For some reason my Facebook memory video today was a clip from the SPFL in 2016 when Greg Fleming saved 2 pens in a minute for you lot away at Dunfermline. 

The 90 seconds is just comical from the defending to the penalty saves.

Does anyone know which Ayr United keeper saved the most penalties? Fleming must be up there for sure.

He was really good at saving penalties. It was weird to see Ayr United concede a penalty without experiencing the horrible sinking feeling that the other team were likely to score from it. I was usually confident that he would save it and he often did.

49 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Does anyone know which Ayr United keeper saved the most penalties? Fleming must be up there for sure.

He was really good at saving penalties. It was weird to see Ayr United concede a penalty without experiencing the horrible sinking feeling that the other team were likely to score from it. I was usually confident that he would save it and he often did.

Greg Fleming is the club's most prolific penalty saver of all time. I apologise for the pedantic detail. During this phase we were statistically in more danger of conceding a goal from a corner-kick than from a penalty.

Greg Fleming saved the first five penalties he faced in season 2016/17. These were against St.Mirren (19 July), Dundee United (20 August), Falkirk (7 October) and two against Dunfermline Athletic (3 December). The sixth one he faced was struck wide by St.Mirren’s Lawrence Shankland (17 December). The seventh was also saved. That was against Falkirk (14 January). To this point of his Ayr United career (signed 1 June 2015) he had faced ten penalties and only been beaten once. His first penalty save for the club was against Stenhousemuir on 24 October 2015. At Peterhead on 23 April 2016 Rory McAllister struck the post from the spot. At Dunfermline on 13 February 2016 Michael Moffat did succeed in beating him with a penalty. After the save at Falkirk he faced one other penalty in his Ayr United career. That was away to Hibs in the Scottish Cup on 4 March 2017 and Jason Cummings scored from it. Shootouts are technically not penalties because no offence has been committed but in the shootout against Stranraer on 15 May 2016 (play-off final) he saved three and in the shootout against Queen’s Park (Scottish Cup) on 24 January 2017 he saved two.  

Top of Form

Edited by Caledonian

35 minutes ago, Caledonian said:

Greg Fleming is the club's most prolific penalty saver of all time. I apologise for the pedantic detail. During this phase we were statistically in more danger of conceding a goal from a corner-kick than from a penalty.

Greg Fleming saved the first five penalties he faced in season 2016/17. These were against St.Mirren (19 July), Dundee United (20 August), Falkirk (7 October) and two against Dunfermline Athletic (3 December). The sixth one he faced was struck wide by St.Mirren’s Lawrence Shankland (17 December). The seventh was also saved. That was against Falkirk (14 January). To this point of his Ayr United career (signed 1 June 2015) he had faced ten penalties and only been beaten once. His first penalty save for the club was against Stenhousemuir on 24 October 2015. At Peterhead on 23 April 2016 Rory McAllister struck the post from the spot. At Dunfermline on 13 February 2016 Michael Moffat did succeed in beating him with a penalty. After the save at Falkirk he faced one other penalty in his Ayr United career. That was away to Hibs in the Scottish Cup on 4 March 2017 and Jason Cummings scored from it. Shootouts are technically not penalties because no offence has been committed but in the shootout against Stranraer on 15 May 2016 (play-off final) he saved three and in the shootout against Queen’s Park (Scottish Cup) on 24 January 2017 he saved two.  

Top of Form

Good work. 👏

Hardly worth it to save £2 a game.  Then you look at Raith putting on free buses to Tannadice when we can't even get one ran at the cost of the supporters.  Maybe they'll surprise us and do something for Raith away on the unnecessary Friday night it is now getting played.

I don't know if it's just me but from the time I've been on P&B, there has never been a time where I've seen as little interest on the team in here.

Not sure if it's not helped just now due to what feels like the massive gap between league games due to cups and postponements along with no home game in like the last 6 weeks.

You have to look at Raith to see what we've done wrong as they've completely overtaken us on and off the park since their takeover which happened a lot more recently than ours...

3 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

I don't know if it's just me but from the time I've been on P&B, there has never been a time where I've seen as little interest on the team in here.

Not sure if it's not helped just now due to what feels like the massive gap between league games due to cups and postponements along with no home game in like the last 6 weeks.

You have to look at Raith to see what we've done wrong as they've completely overtaken us on and off the park since their takeover which happened a lot more recently than ours...

I said pre season/early in the season we should have been where Raith are in terms of both.  Good recruitment and what seems to be a new board who have a vested interest in their supporters and match day experiences.  Even just look at their engagement on Social Media with their content.  We've blundered so much that Mathie has had to come out and apologise/explain on a couple of mental decisions.

5 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

There are a few things, transfer windows have stopped most of the signing chat. The club not putting out any information on injuries, no hints about players coming in or out like McCall did. The bulk of our signings are virtual unknowns outside of the Vanarama trophy anyway. 

The security of the coaching team. 
There really isn’t much to talk about other than results and that only lasts a day or so. 
The club have to generate interest and excitement and they don’t really.  

If an expected defeat tomorrow happens, we will play our first game at Somerset in over a month next week. You are going in to the Christmas period where money and time are tight for some folk and if folk were 50/50 about going, they probably won’t bother. 

Morton signing Strapp today will give them a bit of a lift from their run of form.