The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

11 hours ago, Shibuya said:

Did Somerset Boab have too much brandy at Christmas? The poor guy was having a mare on the mic today - I think he needs to have a wee practise of the big words he wants to use for next time. 

Alex Ja,-ku-bye-ak deary me 

He even managed to make an erse of some weans name at the half time shoot out

10 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Stanger isn’t much better. He’s bigger and more physical but completely shits the bed under pressure and stands off the opposition constantly. Either of them are ok-ish next to McGinty, who must be doing a helluva lot of talking to get them through games, but when together they’re bombscare. Reading and Ahui were back to their worst in the first half as well although I felt they grew into it and Ahui especially was getting forward more to support Chalmers although it’s clear it isn’t his game yet. Again, I don’t mind them but I think they benefit from someone helping them and they didn’t get that today. 

I agree with most of what you wrote, but I actually thought that Ahui continued to show improvement yesterday and in the first half was by no means the worst. I don't know why but Young was really poor in the first half and then somehow became a lot better in the second. Apart from the goal, I thought McGeady was awful and kept giving the ball away.

The biggest criticism from yesterday has to be aimed at Mutch. Ridiculous to be beaten at the near post for their second goal and constantly put the defence under immediate pressure with bizarre passes. If I were Albinson and not back on Tuesday I would be raging.

Although I think the team shape is generally better now, Bullen is still out-thought by almost every other manager in the division. Even with a lot of injuries to contend with, McPake put out a team that completely out-played us in the first half and they can feel very unlucky they didn't end the half with a commanding lead.

Apparently they said on commentary yesterday that it had been confirmed last week that Dowds would remain on-loan for the rest of the season. 

It would be nice if the club kept the support in the loop about half this shite rather having folk trying to second guess what the plan is for this stuff. 

They maybe don't know about the likes of Chalmers but they know Musonda will be away for most of January, Young leaves tomorrow and Senga in  few weeks. 

Maybe they don't want to give Morton an advantage of knowing we'll have a load of first team players away but it just makes the support think there is f**k all planned. 

17 hours ago, Scott-ish said:

Atmosphere was shite. Little bit of booing and any negativity towards manager/ players met with the usual defensive pish from the SRE. When theres nothing to lift the crowd and any stick given to the team is clearly not permitted, it just means it's totally flat.

I'm not sure I watch the same game as most other folk most of the time.

I see some old man has fired up his Pentium 2 to tell folk on that Ayr United fans worldwide that he, as the undisputed best fan, is annoyed that people aren't happy with Bullen and if they aren't happy they shouldn't come back :lol:

Someone replied suggesting that the ragazzi boys are "Kilmarnock supporters planted to disrupt us".  

These people are not real :lol:

Edited by itzdrk

That first half hour was far from good enough, we were too passive, too reactive and third best all over the pitch. But huge credit to the team for getting themselves back into it.

Watching it yesterday I wondered about playing on a grass pitch yet training on astro during the week, I'd be surprised if having grass training pitches isn't something that's being spoken about within the club as it definitely can't help in the bigger scheme of things. Perhaps no surprise when we do put in above average performances on astro surfaces.

Anyway that aside, many a team might've chucked it and felt sorry for themselves but they got a point against a team who will be up and around the playoff spots as the season goes, even with their injuries that's still an above average Championship eleven they started with. 3 points to us would've been robbery after what Dunfermline put into the first half hour or so.

After coming through away to Raith and again yesterday, I'm delighted to see the fight the team has in them when things go against them.

Dowds puts in a great shift for the team and even when he doesn't contribute with goals, our patterns of play would go nowhere without him.

I'd like to see us get Amartey on the ball further up the pitch, in his own half facing his own goal he's pretty lost, but if we could get him one on one in the attacking third there's few defenders in the league who could match his pace and running power.

Take the point and move on to Cappielow.

5 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I see some old man has fired up his Pentium 2 to tell folk on that Ayr United fans worldwide that he, as the undisputed best fan, is annoyed that people aren't happy with Bullen and if they aren't happy they shouldn't come back :lol:

Genuine webcam footage of said poster...

Baby Boomers Internet GIF

This season is effectively a write off. That's the long and short of it.

Embarassingly, in spite of being a basket case and having no discernable tactics and a PPG just above 1.1, we could finish 5th or 6th. I doubt we'll be troubling the promotion play offs.

What worries me is that we are one injury from crisis. Imagine this team with no Dowds!

Edited by Trogdor

23 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Someone replied suggesting that the ragazzi boys are "Kilmarnock supporters planted to disrupt us".  

"Either support the club or bugger off you're not wanted"

As funny as it is, if these people had it their way, they would happily issue lifetime bans to  people who shout "Bullen out"

Also, your response was funny 😂😂

Edited by THEHonestman1910

2 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Each to their own, but a massive over reaction perhaps?

Think what you like but late December is a bit early to be throwing in the towel when the league is, as you say, still so open.

It’s a write off in the sense that we aren’t going to get top four and even if we did then finishing fourth is nothing to write home about. We’re still in a relegation battle but I don’t think we’ll go down or finish 9th. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if we got to March and were mathematically incapable of finishing in either playoff. 

The past two games the team has shown the fight and resilience to get something out of games in adverse circumstances - being down to 10 men against Raith and coming back from 0-2 down yesterday. 

This shows that the team is not a total lost cause and has potential to do better than it is (with a couple of additions in January). A better manager would get better and more consistent performances out of this team IMO.

9 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Embarassingly, in spite of being a basket case and having no discernable tactics and a PPG just above 1.1, we could finish 5th or 6th. I doubt we'll be troubling the promotion play offs.

What worries me is that we are one injury from crisis. Imagine this team with no Dowds!

The sad thing is its not a write off, i'd actually take that over the relegation battle the second half of the season is going to be.  

We are 1 win in 9 at the moment so relegation is definately on the menu - I find it fascinating that there isnt any visibile pressure:

Hopkin was 1 win in 11 when he quit before he was pushed.
Duffy was 1 win in 11  when sacked. 
Kerr was 1 win in 10.  

So that seems to be around our breaking point under Smith but Bullen doesnt give the impression he is under any pressure at all, i'd have said maybe he is good at hiding it but you saw earlier in the season he was clearly feeling the pressure and not hiding it at all.  

9 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

The sad thing is its not a write off, i'd actually take that over the relegation battle the second half of the season is going to be.  

We are 1 win in 9 at the moment so relegation is definately on the menu - I find it fascinating that there isnt any visibile pressure:

Hopkin was 1 win in 11 when he quit before he was pushed.
Duffy was 1 win in 11  when sacked. 
Kerr was 1 win in 10.  

So that seems to be around our breaking point under Smith but Bullen doesnt give the impression he is under any pressure at all, i'd have said maybe he is good at hiding it but you saw earlier in the season he was clearly feeling the pressure and not hiding it at all.  

I don’t know the exact stats but I’d guess that draws are what are saving Bullen and the manner in which we are getting them. I was convinced after the Inverness game he was on borrowed time but there’s been small improvements in performances since then without being able to get over the line and win. 

40 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I wouldn’t say it’s a write off just yet as we’re only 2 points off the relegation playoffs and 4 points off the promotion playoffs so still a lot to play for. I think the majority on here are of the opinion Bullen isn’t the man to take us forward but given we’ve not sacked him yet I don’t see him leaving before the end of the season unless we’re cut adrift. A new manager should really have been brought in ahead of the January transfer window to get a few of his own players in. 

55 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

The mob on that page come across as a cult. Death to all those who dare cricticise anything to do with the club #weareunited

41 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

"Either support the club or bugger off you're not wanted"

As funny as it is, if these people had it their way, they would happily issue lifetime bans to  people who shout "Bullen out"

Also, your response was funny 😂😂

That lot are absolutely mental. Surely going to the game and shouting pish for 90 minutes is part of the appeal. It is for me anyway.

They must actually think performances like yesterday are acceptable. Can't imagine going to a game and being that passive about what I'm seeing.

3 hours ago, rgreig said:

I agree with most of what you wrote, but I actually thought that Ahui continued to show improvement yesterday and in the first half was by no means the worst. I don't know why but Young was really poor in the first half and then somehow became a lot better in the second. Apart from the goal, I thought McGeady was awful and kept giving the ball away.

The biggest criticism from yesterday has to be aimed at Mutch. Ridiculous to be beaten at the near post for their second goal and constantly put the defence under immediate pressure with bizarre passes. If I were Albinson and not back on Tuesday I would be raging.

For the first half hour yesterday, Ahui was utterly horrific. Beat by his man every time and far more to blame for the shitshow of a start than Mutch was. Granted he improved after that once the team realised the game had started but his performance prior to that was far worse than anything produced by Mutch.

I know we don't want the long ball pish that we have endured for much of Bullen's tenure but we are simply not good enough to play out from the back the way that we attempted to yesterday. It put an already fragile goalkeeper and defence under immediate pressure and was extremely hard to watch.

Edited by AyrTroopMajor

11 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

That lot are absolutely mental. Surely going to the game and shouting pish for 90 minutes is part of the appeal. It is for me anyway.

They must actually think performances like yesterday are acceptable. Can't imagine going to a game and being that passive about what I'm seeing.

As an Ayr United supporter I will always support the team. However, supporters also have the right to express dissatisfaction with how things are panning out.

Supporting a football team does not mean that you accept the unacceptable.