The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

What's this nonsense about Shankland wishing to go to Sevco?

Am I the only Ayr fan who will be unhappy if he does that? Better than them.

He’s a Rangers fan I believe but he’s never had interest from England. The only way up from Hearts is to Rangers or Celtic.

Morelos scored a load of goals in Europe and didn’t get interest from England regardless of how hard the Daily Record tried to push it. 

3 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

He can sign for who he wants. He's not my property. 

23 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

No chance of any imminents the day then?

The fact that we haven't done any business yet gives me hope that Saturday is make or break for Bullen. If the board were backing him you'd expect to see at least a rumour or something but the radio silence possibly suggests his future is hanging in the balance and we're not doing business yet because of that. 

More than likely we're just incompetant as usual and Bullen isn't under any danger at all

35 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

No chance of any imminents the day then?

Exriponts wage I’d imagine will be a % of what we need to drop to bring someone in.
We now have no left back cover other than McGinty so it seems strange that we didn’t hold on to Finn for another couple of weeks at least. 

Youngs deal was up on January the 1st apparently. Mathies interview hinted that he and Senga would both go back, so that’s 3 wages freed up this month. At least. 

1 hour ago, Roxanne's man said:

Will be happy for him as it’s the club he supports and will probably be his dream. Also he is definitely not better than them.

57 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Exriponts wage I’d imagine will be a % of what we need to drop to bring someone in.
We now have no left back cover other than McGinty so it seems strange that we didn’t hold on to Finn for another couple of weeks at least. 

Youngs deal was up on January the 1st apparently. Mathies interview hinted that he and Senga would both go back, so that’s 3 wages freed up this month. At least. 

I think we’d be daft to send Young back just as he’s coming onto a game unless we could put his and Sengas wages towards one far superior midfielder that would make us much better. Say a Kyle Turner loan or someone of that level. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think we’d be daft to send Young back just as he’s coming onto a game unless we could put his and Sengas wages towards one far superior midfielder that would make us much better. Say a Stephen Kelly loan or someone of that level. 

Fixed that for you. 

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think we’d be daft to send Young back just as he’s coming onto a game unless we could put his and Sengas wages towards one far superior midfielder that would make us much better. Say a Kyle Turner loan or someone of that level. 

We signed them because of injuries, we have Dempsey, Syla, Smith & Murdoch on the wage bill already. Its like signing another right back, we already have two. 

I'd like to keep him but his parent club might want him back and we need to meet our budget so I don't think we'll extend it. 

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

We signed them because of injuries, we have Dempsey, Syla, Smith & Murdoch on the wage bill already. Its like signing another right back, we already have two. 

I'd like to keep him but his parent club might want him back and we need to meet our budget so I don't think we'll extend it. 

If his loan was up on 1st January, he played on 2nd so loan has possibly already been extended. 

10 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

If his loan was up on 1st January, he played on 2nd so loan has possibly already been extended. 

Unless I missed it at the time all both clubs stated when he signed was "on loan until January" rather than a specific date.

Not sure where the 1st January has came from beyond transfermarkt listing that.

57 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

It depends how many midfielders we plan on playing with. If we’re reverting back to a 442 with Dowds and one of Rose/McKenzie/new striker then I wouldn’t be against running with the four of them providing that Murdoch was able to contribute. 

If we’re sticking with the 4231 we’ve been using in recent weeks or even a 433 then we need someone else. Either to play in the position that McGeady has been occupying or to add a bit of depth to the midfield. I think the midfielders we have are all relatively similar. Last season showed that whilst Murdoch and Dempsey are both good midfielders, I don’t think playing them together works all that well. You either need someone with a bit more bite who’s only concerned with pressing and tackling (like Young) or someone who can play closer to a striker (like a Turner or a Kelly). 

43 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Unless I missed it at the time all both clubs stated when he signed was "on loan until January" rather than a specific date.

Not sure where the 1st January has came from beyond transfermarkt listing that.

Is the date not up until around 16th January that allows teams to recall loan players  

1 hour ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Also he is definitely not better than them.

You knew what I meant. He could go to a team in the English premier and do well. You go to Sevco, you get everything that comes with it, unfortunately.

That being said, they would be a better team to be starting in than Hearts with the selection for the Euros coming up. If Steve Clarke misses him out, something is very wrong. It'll be up there with Burley missing out playing Boyd when he was banging them in for Rangers old co.

7 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

You knew what I meant. He could go to a team in the English premier and do well. You go to Sevco, you get everything that comes with it, unfortunately.

That being said, they would be a better team to be starting in than Hearts with the selection for the Euros coming up. If Steve Clarke misses him out, something is very wrong. It'll be up there with Burley missing out playing Boyd when he was banging them in for Rangers old co

Read somewhere that Norwich City and Sunderland as well as Wrexham are all interested in the great man as well .