The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

15 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I would be trying Syla next to Young at this point tbh. He builds the play better than Dempsey does and he did have a good run of games up until the first half of the Queens Park game where he was very good in the first half before getting injured. 

Dempsey incredibly poor two games in a row now. 

I was overly harsh on Syla in my post, Senga and him haven’t had much of a  run and to be fair to Syla, we have been worse since he was dropped. Young is the best of the three and if we could keep one, it would be him. He has the ability to be a top Championship midfielder at least in the coming 1-2 years and beyond. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

I was overly harsh on Syla in my post, Senga and him haven’t had much of a  run and to be fair to Syla, we have been worse since he was dropped. Young is the best of the three and if we could keep one, it would be him. He has the ability to be a top Championship midfielder at least in the coming 1-2 years and beyond. 

I don’t think we know either way on Syla yet. All three of the central midfielders had shown flashes is ability, but until Young recently we hadn’t seen anything hugely consistent. Young now seems to be improving every week!

I don’t think we’ll see Dempsey dropped to bring Syla back in though - Bullen has his favourites and it doesn’t matter how they perform. Certain players have always been dropped for the slightest thing (Amartey) and others can perform as they like. 

39 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Chris Maguire scored a penalty in the FA Cup today. Right footed high to the keepers left as well.

The footballing gods are really loving us at the moment.

I've seen Maguire a couple of times this year and he's a proper decent footballer once again. 

Clear that we got an unfit Maguire who was basically just using us as a glorified pre-season for 4 months to get back into shape after his ban before going back down south. Probably the only reason we were able to get him at the time.

He'd have been far too good at this level if he was 100%, him and Dipo up front both at 100% would have probably been Moff/Shankland levels IMO

Dont ever remember  so many supporters abstaining from going to Somerset, no even in the Hopkin days.

Hopkins tenure was pure anger and frustration, whereas this is pure apathy

Edited by ComradeDiego

Thanks all for the kind words about becoming a Dad! Living in Glasgow, I hope I can convince him/her not to support the Old Firm. Their local team will be Queen’s Park, so hopefully that’s a non-starter too.

Just watched Bullen’s interview… He’s completely lost the plot. I don’t think any of us are doubting the player’s effort which he keeps going on about. It’s you Lee Bullen who we have completely lost faith in. A new manager would most likely get a better tune out this squad. 

This may sound weird at the start but hear me out...

I noticed in the SRE today that there seemed to be a very large amount of kids about the place, parents too, who i'd guess a large percentage of them are there through these complimentary tickets which are being given out to schools.

That in turn should be a really positive initiative if they were actually coming and seeing good performances and results but that's another discussion.

What i'm getting at is that with a home crowd of 1,700 how many of them are complimentaries? I think once you took them out you'd be looking at the hardcore group of supporters being down to possibly as low as 1,300/1,400 which is a pretty alarming drop and fans voting with their feet IMO.

However the freebies is somewhat glossing over the attendance figure being a lot grimmer than what it is...

As @ComradeDiego says i've never known as many "hardcore" fans just now bothering atm and a large amount of the "young team" who had the drum and brought the atmosphere i've hardly seen at games since post Partick play off disaster in May. 

I said earlier in the season I won’t be back and won’t spend a penny at the club until he’s gone. I said this pretty early in the season. 

first opportunity I get I’m going once he’s gone. I just hope it’s sooner rather than later I’m desperate for a game 

23 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Dont ever remember  so many supporters abstaining from going to Somerset, no even in the Hopkin days.

Hopkins tenure was pure anger and frustration, whereas this is pure apathy

It's not quite the 500 home gates of the late Roberts era yet tbf.

Is there an email address for the club that we can all just start emailing with our concerns.

Might wake them up into something if they go in one morning with 500 emails in the inbox...

Will definitely be less than 100 going to Arbroath next week and possibly a 3 figure crowd for the cup game if nothing is done. I don't plan on going to either.

Smith at the end of the day is a businessman so if he sees attendances falling it may be the thing that forces him to act.

2 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Is there an email address for the club that we can all just start emailing with our concerns.

Might wake them up into something if they go in one morning with 500 emails in the inbox...

Could email the SLO but he has no real power, he could pass on concerns to the board but more than likely the messages would be ignored as that's not really what the SLOs remit involves. You could potentially email one of the directors or Mathie but this feels a bit extreme for my liking.

2 hours ago, Rb123 said:

Anyone know if Callum Davidson was at the game today?

He's been at Dunfermline and Morton game in the last week which seems bizarre

Nah, he was at Somerset last weekend. The bold Dodds was on radio duty today. And Jane Lewis...she'd be a better option than Bullen, Davidson or Dodds imo!

Edited by Thereisalight..

Just now, GuyIncognito said:

Will definitely be less than 100 going to Arbroath next week and possibly a 3 figure crowd for the cup game if nothing is done. I don't plan on going to either.

Smith at the end of the day is a businessman so if he sees attendances falling it may be the thing that forces him to act.

Could email the SLO but he has no real power, he could pass on concerns to the board but more than likely the messages would be ignored as that's not really what the SLOs remit involves. You could potentially email one of the directors or Mathie but this feels a bit extreme for my liking.

Aye they'd probably use Pyongyang powers to someone hunt me down and give me a lifetime ban from Somerset lol 

21 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

Thanks all for the kind words about becoming a Dad! Living in Glasgow, I hope I can convince him/her not to support the Old Firm. Their local team will be Queen’s Park, so hopefully that’s a non-starter too.

Just watched Bullen’s interview… He’s completely lost the plot. I don’t think any of us are doubting the player’s effort which he keeps going on about. It’s you Lee Bullen who we have completely lost faith in. A new manager would most likely get a better tune out this squad. 

I also live in Glasgow, Newlands to be exact. I’ll be smiling at every pram pushing dad for the next year hoping it’s you. I’ll probably end up on some sort of ‘watch list’! I told my kids they could support whoever they wanted as long as it wasn’t the old firm but they have all naturally migrated to “dads team” anyway. What have I done to them……

3 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

I think they know.  I’m not sure they know what to do about it.  

I still don’t think Bullen is going anywhere, and his post match interview didn’t sound like someone who knows it’s the end.  He is of course completely delusional, so who knows.  Every defeat just seems to prove to him that he can turn things round.  Not sure what’s keeping him here - no sign of him being offered a contract extension and traipsing up and down from Sheffield must be a right misery.

1 minute ago, Rb123 said:

Aye they'd probably use Pyongyang powers to someone hunt me down and give me a lifetime ban from Somerset lol 

Smith showed he doesn't have thick skin from when Hopkin was in charge so I doubt any messages to him or anyone else would do anything as he'd view it as an attack on him when he's far from the person to blame the most for this, plus the risk of him taking it too personally means that if you wanted to say something it would be best to do it through the SLO, as I'm fairly certain he has a degree of independence from the club.