The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

We are Championship Ready.

Sometimes you have to take one step backwards to go two steps forward.

When you take the emotion out of it we've still progressed as a football club.

We are United.

I found Graeme.

22 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I don’t want it to happen of course, but part of me is interested to know the bullshit that would come out of Mathie’s mouth if we got relegated.

Over the summer we will be working to ensure the club is League One ready.  

When we unpacked last season we feel proud we avoided the low hanging fruit and ensured continuity in the coaching staff with a new contract for the head coach.  

We need to re-energise the synergy between the club and customer.  

1 hour ago, Ayr23 said:

As a regular, I think that’s hilarious that was your perception of the pub! It’s extremely well run, and owned by an Ayr fan who owns two other pubs in Glasgow. It’s rammed at the weekends, very reasonable drink prices, quite a hipster clientele but you’ve also got your old men too and football fans. We ran a bus from there for Falkirk in the cup, and if Ayr are playing on a Friday night, or Scotland are playing away and we can’t make it, we’ll be watching in there. I know there’s a few on here who are also Rab Reilly regulars. 

Tbf the place before was dodgy , had been shut for years but would still randomly open and they didn't change the outside for ages. There was another old pub across the road which now does catering. I suppose if you can find the Bell Jar in a street like that then anything is possible. 

Will maybe take in the odd Friday night game if the timings work. Usually drink over the other side of the park but sometimes the bbc game takes a back seat if the Warriors are playing. It's a really good spot for the Hampden games as close enough but hidden away from the masses. Know a few different football people who struggle for somewhere over there and just end up drinking in the centre.

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

If we go into the Arbroath game with Bullen in charge, without any new signings and without any information on the loan of Young given it will be up after that game then I don’t even know what to say anymore. 

If all three of those things happen then the levels of incompetence are just wild at this point. 

We continually get told that we need to wait until the end of a window, and yet we release our singular back up LB early in the window. 

The end of the window excuse was always around waiting for quality. In those days we had players who were established although some better than others. Currently we have a few areas with gaps where even the most basic players would help us providing they can play at this level

Find it strange that Jack Young does not know whether he will be with us this time next week. Not good for the club or the lad.  You would think Wycombe would either be happy that he is getting first team experience or tell us they want him back.  

27 minutes ago, stevep56 said:

Find it strange that Jack Young does not know whether he will be with us this time next week. Not good for the club or the lad.  You would think Wycombe would either be happy that he is getting first team experience or tell us they want him back.  

Yeah, I don’t particularly understand why we don’t have that one dealt with early. 

Unless as Mathie alluded to we don’t want to extent. After his last three performances that would be wild though - it should be a priority to extend. 

32 minutes ago, stevep56 said:

He'll know and the club will know, they just won't be telling us. 

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

He'll know and the club will know, they just won't be telling us. 

We know the reason.

Spoiler

We don't want to give the opposition a competitive advantage.

6 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

We know the reason.

Hide contents

We don't want to give the opposition a competitive advantage.

IMO could be time to change it up and be completely up front and see if that works. As the opposite certainly isn’t 😂

11 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Yeah, I don’t particularly understand why we don’t have that one dealt with early. 

Unless as Mathie alluded to we don’t want to extent. After his last three performances that would be wild though - it should be a priority to extend. 

Young is now arguably the best midfielder at the club.

Just in case anyone was dying to know, and because I have very little else to do in a Sunday, here is our home league record (including playoff) in the past year, from 7th January 2023 to 6th January 2024:

Played: 18

Wins: 5

Draws: 5

Losses: 8

Goals For: 17

Goals Against: 28

Young has been tidy in the last couple of games, but not sure I really get some of the hyperbole.  Would definitely be a loss though, but that probably says more about the alternatives.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Young is now arguably the best midfielder at the club.

Central midfielder yes!

Ultimately it’s only three very good games, so he is still a distance off Chalmers and Murphy but if his improvement continues… 

2 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Just in case anyone was dying to know, and because I have very little else to do in a Sunday, here is our home league record (including playoff) in the past year, from 7th January 2023 to 6th January 2024:

That's better than I thought it would be tbf. 

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

That's better than I thought it would be tbf. 

Four out of the five wins were only by a 1-0 margin and the only time we scored more in a win was against an utterly honking Cove Rangers, which ended 3-0.

Any time we do score more than a goal at home, our defence caveat that by chucking them in at the other end.

Edited by AyrTroopMajor

8 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Home form isn't that bad actually. We have won or drawn over half of those games.

Spoiler

-7XVDZ_AnCgpdQRNCFfntw_r.jpg.60d2a219ae8a2303d87caddbc35652c6.jpg

I did see an interesting table. This is our last 100 Scottish Championship games compared to the other 4 teams who have been here over these 3 seasons. I'm not sure how much I would read into it.

Screenshot_20240107_125748_Chrome.thumb.jpg.68180d1472b34d5cf4e070b4d670feb4.jpg

Edited by Trogdor