The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

Ayr fans next season: wow I'm so glad Bullen is away and we've got a new manager.

The new manager:

20240107_165734.jpg.d6d2aa687a26998894afc8f7d321486a.jpg

Leon Cops there

Smith and Mathie were up watching the women today. Doubt they'd have time to fire the BGM yet

Hard lines for the lassies. 0-7 was the score but no real disgrace in that as better teams have been thumped more by celtic this season (Aberdeen etc) 

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

Smith and Mathie were up watching the women today. Doubt they'd have time to fire the BGM yet

Hard lines for the lassies. 0-7 was the score but no real disgrace in that as better teams have been thumped more by celtic this season (Aberdeen etc) 

No Bullen? 

Thought he'd have been there too

5 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

They also won’t have put a statement out which would take any attention away from the woman’s game. 

I would hope something will be done tomorrow but I don’t know if it will happen. 

8 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Didn't see him there. Just saw Smith and Mathie talking to Provan 

Don't want to look too much into it but that seems not the usual norm.

Usually he'd be there and since he's up here himself not like he'd have anything better really to be doing on a Sunday afternoon you'd of thought...

*if something has already been done to explain his absence today i'd be amazed that it hasn't been leaked seen as the club seems to be about as watertight as the titanic recently when it comes to stuff like that 

Edited by Rb123

Just now, Rb123 said:

Usually he'd be there and since he's up here himself not like he'd have anything better really to be doing on a Sunday afternoon you'd of thought...

Probably running about somewhere.

The manager was in the hub after the game on Saturday with the players (not singing before anyone asks) so I don’t think his absence from the ladies game this afternoon is any signal he’ll be away (could be wrong of course). 

4 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

*if something has already been done to explain his absence today i'd be amazed that it hasn't been leaked seen as the club seems to be about as watertight as the titanic recently when it comes to stuff like that 

He maybe was there and I just didn't see him. I thought he'd have been there being as thick as thieves with the rest of the ivory towers mob 

4 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

I've convinced myself he's here for the duration, including next season in league 1.

You chaps need to stop torturing yourselves. It's the hope that kills you.

Bored Season 2 GIF by The Office

Yeah I've no hope he's gonna be away any time soon, still think it'll be a desperation move April time. 

18 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

Am I correct in thinking recruitment is part of Mcgeady's role as technical manager? If so it'll be interesting to see if there's a difference in this transfer window compared to last (probably not)

He's maybe involved in the conversation but we do have a specific 'Head of Recruitment', who btw should be feeling pretty twitchy right about now too

7 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

He's maybe involved in the conversation but we do have a specific 'Head of Recruitment', who btw should be getting catapulted into the sea.

FTFY

3 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Ayr fans next season: wow I'm so glad Bullen is away and we've got a new manager.

The new manager:

20240107_165734.jpg.d6d2aa687a26998894afc8f7d321486a.jpg

As long as the hair makes him a better manager. Like that episode of The Simpsons where Homer gets his hair back.

Would Bullen not have been in Sheffield today? 

The club really have two options, back him this window to improve the playing squad and hope he gets it right or sack him now because the Status Quo isn't anywhere near good enough and the biggest danger is that the management of the club think it is. 

If the back him, it means they have sanctioned his continuation as manager and are complicit in any further failing so they would have to have very little doubt he was capable. 

I don't think the club are anywhere near sacking him, I think we are 8 weeks away on the current form. 

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

Would Bullen not have been in Sheffield today? 

The club really have two options, back him this window to improve the playing squad and hope he gets it right or sack him now because the Status Quo isn't anywhere near good enough and the biggest danger is that the management of the club think it is. 

If the back him, it means they have sanctioned his continuation as manager and are complicit in any further failing so they would have to have very little doubt he was capable. 

I don't think the club are anywhere near sacking him, I think we are 8 weeks away on the current form. 

I don’t think he travels to Sheffield all that often. I’ve seen him in Ayr through the week and the impression I get is he’s here most of the time.