The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

20 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Im not sure if you are now attempting to say that people shouldn’t complain unless they step forward to help out.

I’m also not sure someone volunteering is going to help get any updates from Mathie about the manager search.

People are looking for basic information on injuries, loan deals ending etc -  not anything that requires anyone volunteering. 

Just put me on ignore.

You're badly overthinking things, way too much.

Its pretty much what happens when anybody tries to put suggestions forward.

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Speculation is one thing. Building on layers and layers of speculation to invent a whole new reality is another. Every bullet point there is a wild conspiracy theory which requires someone to have accepted as truth a whole bunch of deeply counterfactual arguments. If you look at any of them and don't immediately laugh then you're in too deep.

By far the most likely scenario is:

• Bullen talks the talk but ultimately lacked in several key areas. He leant on, and was in turn carried by, several strong signings until opponents saw through his reliance on them.
  • He was sacked because there was no excuse to get a drab scoreless draw against an injury-plagued team who had been bottom of the league for most of it.
  • The club's recruitment program has some serious flaws, but these are due to inexperience or a lack of money as opposed to a sinister conspiracy by Mathie and Glendinning to repopulate Ayr entirely with inner-city London wingers.
  • The lack of transparency in the last week is par for the course.
  • The number of managers to have actually sat down with the board so far is zero. It is rare for mis-season sackings to result in immediate long-term replacements, and the appeal of Ayr as a job is a bit indirect.
  • There is absolutely no factual basis to believe that Bullen calling himself "head coach" and not "manager" has anything to do with his role being restricted from the traditional scope, and any time he or the club has been asked they have said the opposite.

I knew you were taking the piss, so to speak. My point was calling people thick because they have a viewpoint on a situation at the club they support is harsh.

2 minutes ago, malkyshotton said:

I knew you were taking the piss, so to speak. My point was calling people thick because they have a viewpoint on a situation at the club they support is harsh.

Conspiracy theories are not opinions. "I think team results mean Mathie should consider his position" is an opinion. "I think Mathie declined to interview Gary Bowyer because he wants a head coach who will play the team that the MD selects for him" is a conspiracy theory. Too many people on here have invented several facts that get them from point A to B.

3 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Conspiracy theories are not opinions. "I think team results mean Mathie should consider his position" is an opinion. "I think Mathie declined to interview Gary Bowyer because he wants a head coach who will play the team that the MD selects for him" is a conspiracy theory. Too many people on here have invented several facts that get them from point A to B.

That’s your viewpoint and I don’t consider you dim. Happy to move on if you are.

55 minutes ago, Iain said:

They were looking for someone with experience in the field to join the board not so long ago, but I don't remember hearing whether that was successful.

Ian Ferguson, former head of communication for the racecourse had applied, but sadly passed away. 

Theres someone on SRE saying they want Killie to win today so we can put them out next round. I genuinely fear what killie would do to us in our current state and that’s presuming we even winning today which isn’t guaranteed 

29 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Just put me on ignore.

You're badly overthinking things, way too much.

Its pretty much what happens when anybody tries to put suggestions forward.

I’m not sure why I would put you on ignore. 

You were also quite blatantly getting at something around people being critical. 

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m not sure why I would put you on ignore. 

You were also quite blatantly getting at something around people being critical. 

Yet again, folk on here making things up as highlighted by Thumper in various posts.

I genuinely suggested people could volunteer to help the club.

Take that whatever way you want to.

3 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Amartey injured?

Who knows - we still haven’t been told what injury McGeady has and any form of time scale either. 

1 minute ago, BukyOHare said:

Yet again, folk on here making things up as highlighted by Thumper in various posts.

I genuinely suggested people could volunteer to help the club.

Take that whatever way you want to.

And I suggested someone doesn’t need to volunteer to update basic information - such as on the manager search or on injuries. 

Interpreting a post, based on your past comments, isn’t  making something up either. 

Edited by No_Problemo