The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

Bit of a pain for us Glasgow based fans that you have to buy tickets from the club shop in person for the cup game

Season ticket holders 1st until Wednesday then general sale after. Tickets need to be purchased in the shop.

42 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

Bit of a pain for us Glasgow based fans that you have to buy tickets from the club shop in person for the cup game

All the way to Ayr to prove you aren’t a Rangers fan. 

2nd question they will ask you - And your address? 

I’m guessing this has been a pre-requisite either from Rangers or the Police or both.

They will be bricking it that we will take a big crowd infiltrated by Celtic fans.

Imagine the uproar if we insisted on the same conditions if roles were reversed?

2 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

No idea but I've never had an ST in my life.

Aye I've no had one for a few years. Usually end up going down to almost all the home games anyway so I should really just bite the bullet at the start of season more often.

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Under 1500, think we sold 1300 last year. 
It won’t sell out. I am a season ticket holder and I’m not going, I’m sure they’ll be more 

Yeah I've got no concerns about getting a ticket if I want one. Was mostly just curious how our numbers compare to others in the league. 

Still undecided if I actually want to go along to the Bigotdome.

1 minute ago, AUcal said:

Aye I've no had one for a few years. Usually end up going down to almost all the home games anyway so I should really just bite the bullet at the start of season more often.

Yeah I've got no concerns about getting a ticket if I want one. Was mostly just curious how our numbers compare to others in the league. 

Still undecided if I actually want to go along to the Bigotdome.

I've always usually worked weekends so there's been no point in me having one.

I might get one next season depending on where I end up working after I finish university. 

30 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Under 1500, think we sold 1300 last year. 
It won’t sell out. I am a season ticket holder and I’m not going, I’m sure they’ll be more 

Likewise , season ticket holder but not going. Would we all go if we got promoted ? 

The thought of being in beside

46 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I've always usually worked weekends so there's been no point in me having one.

Aye same here, work 2 weekends a month so not worth it.

The thought of being in amongst a sea of horrible Gers fans and probably being infiltrated by Celtic fans along with the fact that we'll likely get pumped is just not appealing.

I'll probably still end up going though.

I cut short a year in Australia for the 1998 St Valentine’s day massacre. I live 3 miles away from Ibrox and love Ayr United but I’d rather eat my own testicles with a knife and fork than attend this match. Even with seasoning. Grab the cash and move on.

The "infiltrated by Celtic fans" stuff is a bit odd. The reason Old Firm games get as they do is because the away side has a substantial allocation who don't need to pretend they're there supporting someone else. This is surely far more appealing than being wedged into a tiny wee corner and spat on for 90 minutes by the mutants in the Govan Front.

The revenue the club makes is dependent on total ticket sales, so even if one isn't going (because as noted it will be fucking horrible) it is obviously a good thing if Ayr sell out their allocation. Indeed the appointment of Brown is by itself going to boost the home support (and means Police Scotland will have a fun time checking them all for home-made hand grenades on the way in) and thus make Ayr more money.

5 minutes ago, Thumper said:

The "infiltrated by Celtic fans" stuff is a bit odd. The reason Old Firm games get as they do is because the away side has a substantial allocation who don't need to pretend they're there supporting someone else. This is surely far more appealing than being wedged into a tiny wee corner and spat on for 90 minutes by the mutants in the Govan Front.

The revenue the club makes is dependent on total ticket sales, so even if one isn't going (because as noted it will be fucking horrible) it is obviously a good thing if Ayr sell out their allocation. Indeed the appointment of Brown is by itself going to boost the home support (and means Police Scotland will have a fun time checking them all for home-made hand grenades on the way in) and thus make Ayr more money.

There's nothing odd about it. The last thing I want is to be at an Ayr game with either folk who have Ayr as their 'wee team' or Celtic fans just there to noise up Rangers.

Obviously the financial benefits are there but doesn't mean I have to like it. Just looking at the socials and seeing OF fans having an opinion on us boils my piss.