The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

No, he’s managing us as a favour for McGeady. The only payment he gets is in the form of a weekly song written for him. 

of course he’s got a fucking contract 

How long is his probation period?

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

No, he’s managing us as a favour for McGeady. The only payment he gets is in the form of a weekly song written for him. 

of course he’s got a fucking contract 

I never said he didn't have a contract. I asked if he has signed it? Obviously education didn't do much for you.

1 minute ago, Highlandmagar said:

I never said he didn't have a contract. I asked if he has signed it? Obviously education didn't do much for you.

If he hadn’t signed a contract then he wouldn’t have a contract. Pretty simple education right there.

1 minute ago, Highlandmagar said:

Yeah, we announced him, let him take charge of the first team for a game and sign players but didn't get him to sign the legally binding document that protects both him and the club. 

And you are making me out to be the thick one. 

Ayr don't announce players until they have signed, Even when we do its hit or miss if they'd tell us. Bullen agreed a deal to sign a player, went to pick him up at the station and he never showed, he signed for a different team that morning. That was a player that Bullen had worked with since he was an actual child, knew his parents....and we only found out about it at a Q&A a month or so later. So they announce f**k all until the ink is dry. 

I love these shit stirrers that come on here with the most tedious "gossip"

"I've heard Dundee United are recalling Chalmers and sending him to my club" He's already played for two clubs this season

'I've heard Dundee United are recalling Chalmers to play for them" The recall window has passed. 

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

I love these shit stirrers that come on here with the most tedious "gossip"

"I've heard Dundee United are recalling Chalmers and sending him to my club" He's already played for two clubs this season

'I've heard Dundee United are recalling Chalmers to play for them" The recall window has passed. 

That's the shit you need to put up with when you're box office.

56 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Tbf a lot of clubs our level do, do this 

Honestly can’t think of any period in the last 40 years when the club paid for supporters buses.  I do remember at least one occasion during the Bill Barr years when it happened as a one off to mobilise the support for a big game (the relegation decider against Partick in 97), but otherwise it was always done by volunteers through supporters clubs.  The demand for buses seems to have dwindled through the years, perhaps because they’re being policed more closely now with more enforced restrictions on alcohol meaning guys would rather make their own way on trains etc.  Or maybe there is still a demand and we just don’t have enough people willing to do the organising anymore.

Whatever the case, I think the criticism of the club around this is plain ridiculous.  As has been explained ad nauseam, it puts the club in a difficult spot if there is bother on an official club organised bus.

58 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

There wasn’t a lot of folk moaning that there wasn’t one running to Queens Park and we took 1000. We draw Rangers and all of a sudden folk are - RUNABUSFORFUCKSAKE 

And that is most likely the problem, there isn’t enough interest ordinarily for a bus every week. The hardcore away support make their own way to games and we have a decent away crowd. 

Sums it up perfectly, cracking post

20 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Honestly can’t think of any period in the last 40 years when the club paid for supporters buses.  I do remember at least one occasion during the Bill Barr years when it happened as a one off to mobilise the support for a big game (the relegation decider against Partick in 97), but otherwise it was always done by volunteers through supporters clubs.  The demand for buses seems to have dwindled through the years, perhaps because they’re being policed more closely now with more enforced restrictions on alcohol meaning guys would rather make their own way on trains etc.  Or maybe there is still a demand and we just don’t have enough people willing to do the organising anymore.

Whatever the case, I think the criticism of the club around this is plain ridiculous.  As has been explained ad nauseam, it puts the club in a difficult spot if there is bother on an official club organised bus.

That's not what fans are asking for and keeps getting said for some reason.

34 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Yeah it’s the organisation of the busses I don’t want them to pay for it. It would be a chargeable service 

Just now, ryanayr1987 said:

Yeah it’s the organisation of the busses I don’t want them to pay for it. It would be a chargeable service 

My mate ran a bus to Falkirk and it really boils down to money.  If not enough turn up that have booked, you lose out.  He had folk booked on that were booked on other buses and were deciding on the day which to go on etc, which isn't ideal.  If I was doing it, it would be pay when you book or not at all.  I think when the club ran the bus to QOS you purchased your bus ticket online which was a really good idea and it was paid instantly.  If they done that and not enough booked by a certain day of the week then just cancel the bus.  It is probably more along the lines of no one at the club would want to do it.  Would someone like the Martin Tocker want to give up their comfy seat up on the club coach, followed by comfy seat in the directors box?  Not having a go, just pointing out the obvious.

There will be people who would only be able to go if there was a supporters bus running. There will be teenagers who wouldn’t be allowed on a train to Fife or Inverness on their own that would be allowed to go on an organised bus. 
Folk would rather pay £15 for a bus that stops at a social club than pay £25 for the train beyond the central belt. 
But is there a big enough market? 

It’s probably a bigger slight on the town that no one wants to run a bus rather than the club. 

3 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Yeah according to Wikipedia he's out of contract after leaving Orange County Soccer Club who are based in Irvine.

Super, can give him a run to game then. 

15 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I see that Herthington banger is saying he knows our ST holders have sold tickets to the Goon Brigade for Ibrox 🤣 absolute banger that guy and even more banger worthy if it's true 🥴

I can't see why any fan of celtic would go in the away end at ibrox for an ayr v rangers game .

11 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I can't see why any fan of celtic would go in the away end at ibrox for an ayr v rangers game .

Yep, no Celtic fan is going to want to go to ibrox to watch a game where Rangers are likely to win comfortably.

46 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I see that Herthington banger is saying he knows our ST holders have sold tickets to the Goon Brigade for Ibrox 🤣 absolute banger that guy and even more banger worthy if it's true 🥴

Is this the permanently seething guy who sounds like he's about to blow a fuse at every single home game, thinking every passage of play needs shouting at?

If so I Remember him being utterly seething even back when we had Shankland under McCalll and we'd be playing some lovely stuff.