The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Yep, we need a new goalkeeper.  Not really interested in the 2 great saves he made in the first half - that’s absolutely abject after all the hard work the team put in.  The first looked terrible from the SRE, but the 2nd is actually worse.  

44 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Albinson has definitely regressed this season. He's still significantly better than Mutch though. We'll need to persist with him either way. Hopefully, he plays through this sticky patch and finds his form again.

As for the goalie coach, it's a variable that has changed. I don't think it's a stretch to question whether he is having an adverse effect. In the same way that those that believe Bullen turned McGinty from a bombscare into a competent Championship centre half. If coaching can improve players it can also have the opposite effect.

There is also the question of the defence in front of him. The first goal in particular could have been prevented if Bryden hadn't misplaced a pass, if McGinty had actually defended and made it difficult for the forward and if Charlie had dove a little faster. There are three culpable for that one.

The second one is just an utter calamity. I dunno what Albinson was even doing. It's like he wasn't expecting Docherty to shoot.

He isn’t being coached to not attempt to save things with his hands though, so I can’t see how that variable changing matters…

If you could see his style of goalkeeping noticeable changing fair enough, but not when he is just making basic errors. 

10 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

Lot of buzz about young Ollie Ecrepont I'm sure next season will be far to soon for him being the first choice but he's a shout for being cup/second choice very soon.

Is it just me, or does Ecrepont look really short for a goalkeeper?  You know what it’s like nowadays, if a keeper isn’t 6 foot 4 at least, the big teams just aren’t interested.

12 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

Lot of buzz about young Ollie Ecrepont I'm sure next season will be far to soon for him being the first choice but he's a shout for being cup/second choice very soon.

Let’s hope that doesn’t mean mutch will be auto first choice when Albinson leaves 

1 minute ago, Nelson said:

Is it just me, or does Ecrepont look really short for a goalkeeper?  You know what it’s like nowadays, if a keeper isn’t 6 foot 4 at least, the big teams just aren’t interested.

Yeah he’s small. I thought that in the Alloa game. Albinson isn’t huge either but I think Ecrepont could do with bulking up a bit. Doubt he’s going to have a growth spurt now though. 

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yeah he’s small. I thought that in the Alloa game. Albinson isn’t huge either but I think Ecrepont could do with bulking up a bit. Doubt he’s going to have a growth spurt now though. 

Andy Goarm was only 5ft 11

10 minutes ago, Nelson said:

He needs to fill out a bit he still looks like a wee boy

43 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

He isn’t being coached to not attempt to save things with his hands though, so I can’t see how that variable changing matters…

If you could see his style of goalkeeping noticeable changing fair enough, but not when he is just making basic errors. 

If that's your argument, take it to the extreme and do we need a coaching team then?

Lots of variables affect high performance. It could be something going on in his personal life. It could be he doesn't like the coaching. It could be he's just having a sticky patch. I wouldn't rule anything in or out.

Proclaiming it's nothing to do with coaching is a weird one for me, it could well be. It's all speculation at the end of the day.

Moreover, Albinson isn't the biggest issue in this team. The defence remains porous. Albinson came to the rescue in the first half and has been doing that for far too long. 

Edited by Trogdor

13 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

Andy Goarm was only 5ft 11

The sad thing is, Goram would probably be overlooked nowadays.  If you don’t have the wing span of an albatross by your 18th birthday, the top clubs lose interest.