The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Moffat was outstanding up until about February when he seemed to go downhill rapidly, maybe it was sleepless nights, maybe it was the general deterioration of the team or maybe it was age catching up after a long hard season.

Who knows ?

What I would say, is that the early season Moffat was up there with the best players in the league but the end of season Moffat looked like it was time to hang up the boots along with Big Jamie & Mark Kerr.

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

Moffat was outstanding up until about February when he seemed to go downhill rapidly, maybe it was sleepless nights, maybe it was the general deterioration of the team or maybe it was age catching up after a long hard season.

Who knows ?

What I would say, is that the early season Moffat was up there with the best players in the league but the end of season Moffat looked like it was time to hang up the boots along with Big Jamie & Mark Kerr.

I actually thought Moffat was better than Shankland from February onwards.  

Just now, THEHonestman1910 said:

I actually thought Moffat was better than Shankland from February onwards.  

Yes and he looked done as well, apart from still having a decent first touch similar to Moff.

2 minutes ago, mccurdieboy said:
3 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Please do not interact with the ***!

Lol there's quite a few of the no righters coming on here past few days lol

I have spent money watching Ayr United since the 1980ties

I can and are alowed my say as much as anybody 

Especially when they were still in there cots and prams,the ones doing the hating on me

Nisbet is still 22 and a better player now Shanks hardly set the championship on fire either before playing for Ayr

Still under contract though which is more a better reason off why yez wont see him return

Doolan has won the championship with Thistle as well as big Muirhead 

a good side that season

his experience along with Moffat would be a bonus

need a young energetic player who can run beyond the centre backs and score goals

preferably with a presence for flick ons 

just an opinion having seen Ayr several times last year

Problem with Shankland comming in and hitting the ground running when he did is some of our supporters are going to get on the back of his replacement if he doesn't scorer in each of his first 5 games we need to realise we were spoiled with Shankland and need to give new players time to bed in

As a plan B or as back up I would be scared going into the new season with Moff, Moore and Doolan, for me McCowan is more of a number 10 attacking mid not an out and out striker can't see him scoring 20 goals a season hope I'm wrong about that though

Who said Moore and Moffat are re-signing for Ayr

Moffat has been offered a contract and despite possible interest elsewhere he’ll probably re-sign.

Not really bothered what Moore does tbh.

6 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Would take a premiership striker on loan, either Zanatta or one of the two celtic boys Aitchison or Johnston.

Johnston is a winger not a striker and will do better fact they let Morgan go to Sunderland tells you all you need to know about how highly they rate him