The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

What was everyone's first top/strip?. The infamous bird shite one was mine.

I remember going home to my step Da and saying I wanted to support R*ngers... I was only 7, everyone at school supported them and they were at the start of their 9 in a row run. He slapped me on the back of the head and said, will you f**k boy, you're from Ayr and you'll support Ayr. 

He promptly took me to Somerset. To the best of my recollection, we were on a bit of a winning streak, until I went and we lost haha!

That Summer, I got this kit as an early Birthday Pressie. I had it before anyone else in town as he knew someone that worked at club/in shop. My mates all teased it was fake.... then the Ayrshire Post did the kit release double page spread and boom! I lived in the full kit, all season! I walked about the town, proud as f**k wearing it and that's been me since.

images (1).jpeg

1 hour ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

What was everyone's first top/strip?. The infamous bird shite one was mine.

I remember going home to my step Da and saying I wanted to support R*ngers... I was only 7, everyone at school supported them and they were at the start of their 9 in a row run. He slapped me on the back of the head and said, will you f**k boy, you're from Ayr and you'll support Ayr. 

He promptly took me to Somerset. To the best of my recollection, we were on a bit of a winning streak, until I went and we lost haha!

That Summer, I got this kit as an early Birthday Pressie. I had it before anyone else in town as he knew someone that worked at club/in shop. My mates all teased it was fake.... then the Ayrshire Post did the kit release double page spread and boom! I lived in the full kit, all season! I walked about the town, proud as f**k wearing it and that's been me since.

images (1).jpeg

This was my first strip - from 2000/2001. My first full season as an Ayr United supporter.

0_Glynn-Hurst-Ayr-United-football-player(1).thumb.jpg.5bd6e538b2e395d809b716f908170164.jpg

0_Glynn-Hurst(1).jpg.090bfbe7031f5c2f1bf491d19f27c183.jpg

Still have it. It's in a cupboard with all my old programmes.

Just now, davidkennedyshand said:

First game was a league cup win in about 1983/4 where we beat Motherwell 1-0 with a Jimmy Murphy goal

First kit was this

umbro_1983_84_ayr_united_home_shirt.jpg

It was August 1984. Lost 1-0 at Tynecastle in the next round.

The team started wearing that shirt part of the way through the 84/85 season.

29 minutes ago, RedEd said:

It was August 1984. Lost 1-0 at Tynecastle in the next round.

The team started wearing that shirt part of the way through the 84/85 season.

I'd been to loads of reserve games before it. Including a Reserve Cup tie against Aberdeen no long after they'd won the cup winners cup . Big crowd in the stand that night. Think we lost 2-0 and I was amazed to see John Hewitt playing 

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, davidkennedyshand said:

I'd been to loads of reserve games before it. Including a Reserve Cup tie against Aberdeen no long after they'd won the cup winners cup . Big crowd in the stand that night. Think we lost 2-0 and I was amazed to see John Hewitt playing 

Spot on with the result. That was definitely 84/85. Seem to remember Bryan Gunn playing as well. I'm sure I was as a ballboy that night.

Edited by RedEd