The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, muZZa__44 said:

be interesting to see who we've been looking at for Keepers, saw Sneddon get let go by Partick if we're looking for known options

Goalie I'd be fine being our punt from England tbh, the available goalkeepers in Scotland rn are abysmal.  

Just now, itzdrk said:

Goalie I'd be fine being our punt from England tbh, the available goalkeepers in Scotland rn are abysmal.  

Doohan is the only one I like, kicking his heels at Aberdeen and not making any inroads to taking first choice. Budinauckas looked good for Stranraer on Saturday and at 22 he’ll be getting moved on soon. McCrorie will be another one. 

Robby McCrorie is on between £5-10k a week so would need to take an astronomical paycut plus he's premiership level.

Doohan seems to more realistic. 

Surprised at Clarke not coming back, looks like he'll either be involved in celtic first team setup or sent out to a premiership club

47 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Doohan is the only one I like, kicking his heels at Aberdeen and not making any inroads to taking first choice. Budinauckas looked good for Stranraer on Saturday and at 22 he’ll be getting moved on soon. McCrorie will be another one. 

Doohan is under contract. 

16 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Robby McCrorie is on between £5-10k a week so would need to take an astronomical paycut plus he's premiership level.

Surprised at Clarke not coming back, looks like he'll either be involved in celtic first team setup or sent out to a premiership club

Clarke will be nowhere near the Celtic first team,or premiership, simply not good enough 

4 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

I know he was crap in the playoffs but I'd have McInroy back in a heartbeat.

Not for me, will still wanting to be commanding a fair wage.  Don't see Thistle even going back in for him.  He jumped at Killie and Premiership football too early and has regressed.  Be interesting to see where he rocks up.

15 minutes ago, Ayrutd1910 said:

Clarke will be nowhere near the Celtic first team,or premiership, simply not good enough 

Believe he will be with a team in a higher league than us

3 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Believe he will be with a team in a higher league than us

Good luck to the boy but he must have some agent. He made some good saves but his all round goalkeeping was a bit shoddy. I’d have taken him as a prospect, but pointless with Mutch at the club. 

We had Harry Stone on loan from the Jambos for the second half of last season - he was very decent and almost single handedly (no pun intended) helped us knock Dundee United out the Big Cup, and in the next round St Mirren only put one past him in Paisley.  Can't see Hearts releasing him, but he'll not be getting 1st team selection in Gorgie with Clark and Gordon still in place so I'd imagine he could well go out on loan again.  I'd obviously take him back at Palmy at the drop of a hat but I'm sure Hearts will want him to get Championship level experience this time round.

Not entirely sure if some people expect Manuel Neur performances from a young goalkeeper to declare him as a talent but it was clear as day the kid is going to be very good. 

If he makes the right career choices he arguable go higher than Doohan

1 hour ago, Rb123 said:

Celtic want him to go down south 

Dimitar Mitov Is going to Celtic according to a saints fan and Benjamin Siegrist is going to Aberdeen so Doohan future may lie with what’s is happening with Kelle Roos