The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

14 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Maybe a week ago so I still have a weeks grace then ? 

Your years-long history of accurately predicting signings precedes you.

Posted (edited)

Hopefully this means we are going to see some moves today then 

sad to see Amartey go as I think he had something to offer but let’s hope there is someone better coming in

Edited by ryanayr1987

21 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

To help with your nostalgia, I googled ‘random footballer highlights’ and this c**t came up, so here’s a clip of a guy who you should definitely sign.

I won’t be doing this another 20 or 30 times though, so it’s not quite the full experience. 

Sappinen, Rauno. 

Another 2 Glendinning specials...

Thought there was a player in Amartay but Bullen never played him so by the time Brown came in he was way short of any match fitness and then got injured so was never able to make an impact 

Amartey could have been worth trying to develop further but there must be a better option identified elsewhere.  Or maybe they just felt that was the best they were going to get out of him.

Rose being away is no shame. Think it was obvious he wasn't good enough or a  hard enough worker for Brown. 

On a serious note, Franny had so much potential but he just couldn't put together a decent run of form and two managers refused to play him regularly for whatever reason. Rose was just never good enough at this level, like a lot of Glendinning's signings.

Do we actually have any of these non league signings left in the squad now? Dempsey and Sila both came from league clubs down south I can't think of any that we signed directly for the Vanaramma league or what ever it's called now still at the club.

3 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

On a serious note, Franny had so much potential but he just couldn't put together a decent run of form and two managers refused to play him regularly for whatever reason. Rose was just never good enough at this level, like a lot of Glendinning's signings.

You say Glendinning's signings but they were really Bullen's signings. He would have had the final say on these and his poor decisions in the transfer market were his biggest problem

Pendlebury 2yr deal - left after about 5 games

Amartey 1year with option of another year - hardly played and away at the end of the season

Rose 2yr deal - hardly played and away at the end of the season 

That probably sums up just how shite our transfer window was last summer and why we should avoid the lower English leagues for players

Simple answer is ahkeem and amartey just weren’t Championship quality. Amartey had the odd flash of quality but just wasn’t good enough. Can throw bryden into that catagory aswell. I genuinely believe with the backing brown could do something special this season.