The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Posted (edited)

I alluded to these rumours being around a month or two ago but didn’t want to say what they were as I think it’s a dangerous thing to be speculating about especially as there are so many holes to pick in the story it simply cannot be true. 

Edited by D'Jaffo

3 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Folk on the sre  saying Charlie was betting and that’s the issue that made brown drop him. No idea if that’s true

I don't believe that's true.  

8 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Folk on the sre  saying Charlie was betting and that’s the issue that made brown drop him. No idea if that’s true

BS.

He made clangers and that's why Brown dropped him.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

I alluded to these rumours being around a month or two ago but didn’t want to say what they were as I think it’s a dangerous thing to be speculating about especially as there are so many holes to pick in the story it simply cannot be true. 

Surely the club have some sort of duty to report that if they became aware of  that. 

Just now, itzdrk said:

I don't believe that's true.  

Neither do I. 

People still seem to be struggling to come to terms with his departure on Facebook despite the fact he probably cost us between 4-5 games this season. 

I have no idea what happened behind the scenes with Brown and him but I’m backing the former. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

People still seem to be struggling to come to terms with his departure on Facebook despite the fact he probably cost us between 4-5 games this season. 

I have no idea what happened behind the scenes with Brown and him but I’m backing the former. 

He definitely deteriorated after timmins left but still think there is a player in there somewhere but there is too much water under the bridge now. Move on and sign someone new

Just now, ryanayr1987 said:

He definitely deteriorated after timmins left but still think there is a player in there somewhere but there is too much water under the bridge now. Move on and sign someone new

We've needed to upgrade in goal all season anyway. None of the keepers we had were going to cut it. Hopefully in the future Ecrepont will. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

I think he's hero worshipped on there, every single game Clarke played folk were on crying about what Charlie would have done instead.  I think some just couldn't come to terms with his form being flash in the pan.  It's why they thought he was going to Hearts :lol:

People do forget that even the BGM had taken him out the team.  

Charlie Albinson was arguably the best keeper in the league 22/23 season however his form fell off a cliff last year to the point he was costing us games. People will point to the Dundee United game where he chucked two in but there was plenty of other games where he was shaky. It’s easy to blame the change of goalkeeping coach and there may well be some truth in that but some of his errors were so, so basic. 

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Charlie Albinson was arguably the best keeper in the league 22/23 season however his form fell off a cliff last year to the point he was costing us games. People will point to the Dundee United game where he chucked two in but there was plenty of other games where he was shaky. It’s easy to blame the change of goalkeeping coach and there may well be some truth in that but some of his errors were so, so basic. 

He was brilliant in the 22/23 season. It's a shame that his form fell off so badly and his time with us ended in the way that it did.

Posted (edited)

Someone told me there is footage of Joe Hart being interviewed after the cup final, talking about retirement and who knows what he will be doing after 2 months - and they said Neil Lennon and Broonie both pitched in to try and get him - Brownie said something along the lines of "we are by the sea and have a beach" 🤣

Edited by AUFC 1910

17 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Someone told me there is footage of Joe Hart being interviewed after the cup final, talking about retirement and who knows what he will be doing after 2 months - and they said Neil Lennon and Broonie both pitched in to try and get him - Brownie said something along the lines of "we are by the sea and have a beach" 🤣

3:45 onwards...

From what I was told Brown and Albinson just didn't see eye to eye. Didn't get on very well initially and that's all. 

Wouldn't believe anything off of the SRE, and folk on there spreading rumours like that without any evidence is stupid and dangerous.

2 hours ago, AUcal said:

Wouldn't believe anything off of the SRE, and folk on there spreading rumours like that without any evidence is stupid and dangerous.

Actionable, in fact

Best thing is to leave the SRE page and then you'll not be tempted to read or respond to the utter fuckwittery that goes on there. That simpering twat fest AU worldwide page isn't much better either.

I spent far too much time and energy getting mad at the trumpets on there.

I'm not on FB anymore but I remember the SRE being full of absolute bangers. I see nothing has changed.

Pretty sure that posting without evidence something so potentially damaging to someone's professional and personal reputation constitutes a malicious communication, which is a criminal offence.