The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Posted (edited)

Something clearly happened with the whole goalkeeping set up, in the Bullen half of the season. Them that know, will know, those of us who've heard things, shouldn't speculate any further. He's gone and I wish him well at Hamilton, although I hope he doesn't come back to bite us on the arse haha!

When I had Facebook, I lasted 1hr on the SRE page... dear god!! The club should petition it's removal imo lol!

Edited by F.T.O.F.1910

25 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

Best thing is to leave the SRE page and then you'll not be tempted to read or respond to the utter fuckwittery that goes on there. That simpering twat fest AU worldwide page isn't much better either.

I spent far too much time and energy getting mad at the trumpets on there.

Even better, just stop using Facebook altogether.

1 hour ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

Something clearly happened with the whole goalkeeping set up, in the Bullen half of the season. Them that know, will know, those of us who've heard things, shouldn't speculate any further. He's gone and I wish him well at Hamilton, although I hope he doesn't come back to bite us on the arse haha!

When I had Facebook, I lasted 1hr on the SRE page... dear god!! The club should petition it's removal imo lol!

Agreed SRE is made up up the worst parts of our "support" .

Silly wee boys wanting new managers after 2 defeats, criticism of players that's OTT ...and just general ridiculous Chinese whispers stories ...

Garbage

Just now, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Agreed SRE is made up up the worst parts of our "support" .

Silly wee boys wanting new managers after 2 defeats, criticism of players that's OTT ...and just general ridiculous Chinese whispers stories ...

Garbage

It was the SRE page that convinced me that 90% of our fanbase are fucking morons.

All of the sane and sound fans are on here.

1 hour ago, Iain said:

Even better, just stop using Facebook altogether.

I'm rarely on social media now. Twitter is even worse, it's vile.

It just goes to prove how pointless hating fans of other teams is when your own fanbase is full of absolute knobends.

15 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

It was the SRE page that convinced me that 90% of our fanbase are fucking morons.

All of the sane and sound fans are on here.

I duno mate, I'm sure I push a fair few folks buttons 🤣

Posted (edited)

Feel like I’ve went on about this a few times, but looking at the pricing for the Celtic game - we can’t seriously be charging thirteen year olds £15 for a match ticket this season… 

The pricing in that age bracket was something that needed sorted, but seems we aren’t bothering. 

No 13 year old can afford that without parental help. What’s the point in the free tickets if they get to that age and then can’t afford to go. There just isn’t a joined up plan at all in terms of attracting young supporters. 

Edited by No_Problemo

On Albinson, if he had been involved in a behaviour that would have had serious consequences, it would be gross misconduct and he’d have been punted rather than sitting on the bench, picking up a wage. Like most conspiracy theories, you can ask two questions and they fall apart.

He was average this season, was dropped by Bullen. Mutch came in and was poor and Albinson came back in. Albinson chucked two in against Dundee United and was dropped for the Rangers game. The following week, Albinson rejects and extension and the keeper coach leaves. We sign Josh Clarke “as competition” for Charlie after Mutch gets injured and he’s never seen again. I’d say there was a fall out. 

Brown has been flogging the arse out the Celtic friendly and obviously knows it could add the cost of a player on to the budget, which will benefit him in the long run. 

Brown was also saying that he’ll be going back to ask favours of Celtic over getting players so we’ll likely end up with one or two loans coming in towards the end of the window. 

14 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

In my day it was a fiver to get in. £5 to see players like Stephen Whalen, Neil Murray and Scott Chaplain.

That or thrown over the turnstile 😅

The way I'm looking at it is, I'm paying money to see the new stand at the football ground I've been attending for the last 26 years. 

Just out of interest, Does anyone know what prices other teams in the league are charging to get into their ground on matchday?

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Brown has been flogging the arse out the Celtic friendly and obviously knows it could add the cost of a player on to the budget, which will benefit him in the long run. 

So he should. Clubs should take advantage of anything that can add a few quid to the coffers 

Edited by Wacky

Imo, friendlies should be half price at the gate and season tickets should be valid as an incentive. Asking what they are from teenagers is scandalous, how are they gonna get Buckfast as well?