The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

40 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Better than Chalmers based on their respective loans at ICT? 

Henderson made an instant impact at The Caley. Chalmers only came into a game about a month before the Playoffs the year before.

1 minute ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

When does training start for us? For me getting a set team gelled and drilled early is almost as important as the decent signings and it seems that's Broons aim.

17th June i think someone said they're back, i may be wrong though

14 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

Didn't realise Henderson is also Sanny McAnespies grandson, is he the first 3rd generation player to play for us???

Yes.

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Couple a good signings the day. The Scott Brown razzzmatazz (if that’s the word) paying off. You’d imagine players will love the guy. 

It’s been strange, night and day from the Bullen era. 
None of the signings have had a feeling of, how the f**k did we manage that? But at the same time are all good signings

27 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

It’s been strange, night and day from the Bullen era. 
None of the signings have had a feeling of, how the f**k did we manage that? But at the same time are all good signings

Aye they all have the signs of fitting into a competent team. McCall often signed players where you though “wow that’s a coup” but then had no idea how they fit in and Bullen signed players where you though “who the f**k are they?”. These seem quite sensible signings and it’s the standard we should be aiming for most seasons. 

I said last night that we don’t need anything fancy. You need 11 players on the pitch where 8 or 9 of them give 7/10 every week and get you through the game.

On 31/05/2024 at 23:04, D'Jaffo said:

Doing some looking at players who are free agents and came across Mikey Devlin. Seemed to have a good season for Livi last year but played with Brown at Aberdeen and was then signed by him at Fleetwood. Devlin triggered a clause in his contract when Livi got relegated that meant he was a free agent so he might be looking at a top flight club but given his injuries that move might not come. 

Absolutely not. Awful. One of the main reasons we went down, absolutely finished as a defender. Complete bombscare with zero pace.

7 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Absolutely not. Awful. One of the main reasons we went down, absolutely finished as a defender. Complete bombscare with zero pace.

Any suggestion where Obileye is off too? He’s one I’d definitely take if he’s willing to make the step down. 

8 hours ago, ATLIS said:

I’d second that, been honking every time I’ve seen him play County.