The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, ryanayr1987 said:

So it looks like Ayr fans have forced the club to allocate the SRE to Celtic by not buying enough tickets. Seems fair to me. I'm sure everyone at the club would have been delighted to have the North Stand, Main Stand and SRE full of Ayr fans given the choice, but when it's clear that won't happen they needed to make a smart business decision.

By the way, if there's a huge demand for SRE tickets for Ayr fans I suspect it might be straightforward to buy them through the Celtic website.

Is a bloody preseason friendly FFS it's not like the SRE are going to inspire our players or put the fear of god into the Celtic keeper in an important cup or league game, and I 100% agree with Mathie I'd rather see the new north stand black and white not green and white because that's where all the eyes and media will be looking at.

1 minute ago, Zanetti said:

Queen's Park

Match day tickets

Adult – £22
Concession 65+ – £15
Student – £15
Under 18s – £10
Under 12s with an adult –  £6

Season tickets

Adult – £310
Concession 65+ – £205
Student – £205
Under 18s – £120
Under 12s - Free

Finally!!! Been waiting for this news.

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

Finally!!! Been waiting for this news.

Accidentally clicked the "next unread topic" button while posting and swiftly deleted. Sorry for the intrusion lads!

We didn’t put the Somerset road end on sale so no one bought tickets to stand there so we haven’t sold enough tickets to justify giving Ayr fans the Somerset road end.

fucking hell. 

The statement has somehow made things worse.

Lets make the new stand all black and white is fairly pointless.

move all tickets sold in the north terrace to the SRE, sell the SRE to Ayr fans and give Celtic fans the north terrace. We make money, piss off less folk 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

We didn’t put the Somerset road end on sale so no one bought tickets to stand there so we haven’t sold enough tickets to justify giving Ayr fans the Somerset road end.

fucking hell. 

move all tickets sold in the north terrace to the SRE, sell the SRE to Ayr fans and give Celtic fans the north terrace. We make money, piss off less folk 

What would be the pint in moving all are fans to the Sre when the whole point is opening the new stand? 

It's a pretty simple decision for me. It's a preseason game, new stand or not, and those aren't well attended games anyway. If we get some extra cash that brings in an additional player then it's worth doing.

If it was a cup game then it would be different. 

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

fucking hell. 

and have all the pics of the opening of the new stand just be a pile of Celtic fans?

What would be the pint in moving all are fans to the Sre when the whole point is opening the new stand? 

Just the standing section, have the seating Ayr fans 

I think that’d be a safety issue 

How so? At half the away grounds, segregation is the row between two sets of seats. It’s not a grudge match.

3 minutes ago, Peil said:

and have all the pics of the opening of the new stand just be a pile of Celtic fans?

I’m not entirely sure what difference this would make other than thinking, I wish it was full of 6000 Ayr fans….but only 2000 turned up

Just reading some of the comments on the Facebook group...strikes me a lot of the whining basically amounts to people not liking the fact they won't be able to stand in their usual spot in the SRE. 

We can't give the north terrace over given the whole match is about opening the new stand and it's absolutely ridiculous that the club are being asked by some of the support to cut their nose to spite their face. I don't like either of the old firm and would happily see them gone but this is just a pre season game at the end of the day. 

The same people would be criticising the club for showing no ambition if they didn't make a signing due to money, yet don't understand this is an opportunity to get a wee injection of cash before the season starts. 

1 minute ago, super_carson said:

Just reading some of the comments on the Facebook group...strikes me a lot of the whining basically amounts to people not liking the fact they won't be able to stand in their usual spot in the SRE. 

We can't give the north terrace over given the whole match is about opening the new stand and it's absolutely ridiculous that the club are being asked by some of the support to cut their nose to spite their face. I don't like either of the old firm and would happily see them gone but this is just a pre season game at the end of the day. 

The same people would be criticising the club for showing no ambition if they didn't make a signing due to money, yet don't understand this is an opportunity to get a wee injection of cash before the season starts. 

I’m in the, sell as many tickets as possible camp, probably the least controversial way of dealing with it would be, just put all areas on sale and then bemoan the fact Celtic fans bought tickets for the Ayr end after the game. 
It comes down to, do you want to hoor yourself out for cash by selling as many areas of the ground to Celtic? Yes.
Do you want to be seen as selling your soul by giving them the area where the hardcore support regularly stand? that’s the tricky one.

It's a game no Ayr fan actually wanted. It's not for us. I'm sure we'd all have preferred a game against decent English opposition, that hasn't happened and from a business point of view this will probably generate more money. I'm personally more disappointed that we're actually choosing to play one of the OF in the first place than where we're going to be allocated. Either way it will be full of them.

I personally hate everything about it. Listening to Ayrshire Septics cheerleading for our manager doesn't float my boat. It was supposed to be a celebration of all things Ayr united but instead has turned into the exact opposite.

All this just goes to cement the fact that the OF are a scourge on Scottish football.