The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I don't think that's fair.
Forrest was one of our best players last season before he got injured and unlike McDaid he does have an end product and does get involved. As far as I'm concerned Forrest is a key player in our whole passing and possession style, however McDaid always seemed like he was a "stand alone" sort who was a bit of a wildcard type where on his day he could offer you that pace and something a little different, however he just wasn't consistent enough and as such I think we can easily live without him.
True, still think Forrest strugles a lot with the physicality aspect and easily gets pushed off the ball.

19 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

In all honesty, if we've a wide player that doesn't fit that phrase I'd like to see him, we must be keeping him in the cupboard so nobody else signs him, we've about 6 that play wide and if you just counted their good games as one player it would still read as inconsistent.

I get what you're saying, but my point is that McDaid is by no means irreplaceable. I'm kind of the same way with Crawford as I am with McDaid, I'd have been ok with them staying but ultimately I'm not that bothered that they're away.

Shankland, Smith, Doohan would have been my three must keeps (obviously all away) and then it would have been Murdoch, Forrest, Moffat, Rose & Harvie as my next picks, so I suppose the point I'm making is that McDaid features pretty far down my list of priorities along with Crawford, as I'd put them alongside Bell & Geggan as "offer them a contract" but if they don't take it, then fair enough.

I suppose we'll all have different ideas and views on it though.

Top level rugby players absolutely despise the 4g pitches though. There was outcry when Glasgow city  Council wanted to install them at Scotstoun.
Interestingly though Warriors ended up using Rugby Park after the pitches at Scotstoun were flooded so they may not have an issue with them anymore.

Our previous chairman put a longer length rugby plastic down without sprinkler system that we have been playing on, I believe the sprinklers are going in to the upgrade this summer. Of course grass is better but the finances up here will dictate what us Diddy clubs can do

48 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Ayr advertiser saying Moffat Geggan, Kerr, Bell and Adams are all planning to sign on again for next season. McCall also confirming an interest in Doolan and also Kris Boyd apparently.

I'd happily take them all back and give them a chance to prove their fitness.

They've all been good for us to varying degrees and personally I thought Bell was a very steadying influence at the back last season, Geggan and Adams give us that bite that we often miss, plus are good at getting the crowd up,  Kerr when fully fit is great at holding the ball and calming things down and of course Moffat, again when fully fit, is one of our top players and can get the whole team playing.

I won't lie as I did have concerns about them all near the end of last season, however hopefully it was just the culmination of a long hard season and niggly injuries which dragged them all down a level and they can come back in the Summer fully fit and raring to go !!!

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Betfred Cup Group:

Stranraer 

Falkirk

Berwick Rangers

Livingston

That's quite a tough group, be a challenge to qualify from that, better not get fucking Berwick Rangers away.

Why not? I want Stranraer and Berwick away. Stranraer is a great away day and never been to Berwick. 

Why not? I want Stranraer and Berwick away. Stranraer is a great away day and never been to Berwick. 
Berwick away on a Saturday would be okay but could easily be a Tuesday night, is further away than Dundee to get to.