The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

23 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

English lower league jobbers happy to up sticks and relocate to Ayr.

Experienced Scottish players from the east coast - NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Which of the two are a club more likely to support/even pay for accommodation costs?

Without looking at the squad lists, McGowan has 5 teams within an hour of him. Of the other 5, he had loan spells at 2 when he was younger, brother at Hamilton and finally Davidson signed him for St Johnstone. So safe to say anyone apart from Morton could be an option.

7 hours ago, Nelson said:

Murray does talk some amount of pish.  Raith may not be offering more money in absolute terms, but its obvious location plays a part in a players decision.  Partick or Ayr might offer 50 quid a week more to Hanlon, but if he’s based on the east coast then it’s a no brainier to choose Raith.

Raith are also willing to gamble on 3-year contracts.

20 minutes ago, Only me... said:

1000 left would mean 9000ish. 

Thats about £150k(averaged £17.00 a ticket when you count in concessions)… obviously we have expenses to come off that but it's still a very tidy sum to come in to the club before we even kick a ball in anger this season

4 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Makes sense to me tbh. 

I'd consider moving to Germany for work but I would not work in Edinburgh. 

This

My company has/had (in various iterations) offices & factories in Prestwick, Montrose, Aberdeen & London

I wouldn't want to work in Montrose or Aberdeen, but I did move 4000 miles away to Calgary

31 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

Thats about £150k(averaged £17.00 a ticket when you count in concessions)… obviously we have expenses to come off that but it's still a very tidy sum to come in to the club before we even kick a ball in anger this season

Maybe pay some of the petrol money to all the superstars that live on the east coast.

34 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

This

My company has/had (in various iterations) offices & factories in Prestwick, Montrose, Aberdeen & London

I wouldn't want to work in Montrose or Aberdeen, but I did move 4000 miles away to Calgary

Calgary is class, great part of the world IMO.

If you have a house in Fife and you travel to Ayr every day, 5-6 days a week, it is a 200 mile round trip. You are talking about £30 a day on fuel. £150 -£200 a week depending on your car plus 3 hours a day in a car. When you consider we are maybe paying x4 that before tax, its no wonder players aren't signing for us. 

We sign folk from down south and they will most likely share a place with others that move up, Albinson was apparently living in student accommodation. 

When my time working abroad came up for review, they wanted me to move off of a British contract on to a local one, meaning I wouldn't pay my UK stamp and a whole load of other things that put me off. I would be financially worse off. I was 70% against the new deal I was offered as I had no plans to retire abroad, probably just as well as it was pre-Brexit. 

My boss tried to sell it to me by saying, the public transport system is so good, you don't need a car, so you could give that back and save money, Cigarettes and Alcohol are a lot cheaper here as well. magic, I'll stop driving and take up smoking to make it worth my while. 

If the guys moving up from England are having a better opportunity and their quality of life is the same or better, they are more likely to sign than a Fifer.