The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Tbh, I've always felt the appeal of the Somerset Road End is a bit overplayed.

If there were more terraces left at our level of football, then I don't think it would be discussed in the same way as it is. Its a relatively poor terrace for views, you have to be right up the back to get any kind of decent sightlines of the other end of the pitch.

If it were at all possible, I'd love to see us build something steeper, although, the space is limited. All hypothetical of course, but something like this would be decent.

IMG_20240704_134049.thumb.jpg.c86a5e43a60975d477269da5b96ec297.jpg

Edited by AUcal

1 minute ago, Only me... said:

I seen the ragazzi banner was still up in the back of SRE last weekend, will the club be taking it down or covering it before it is trashed tomorrow?

it'll appear upside down on twitter by 9pm tomorrow night if they don't do something with it

Random point I know, but did anyone else notice a small number of the young guys (maybe the new "ragazzi", not sure) turning up at EK the other night looking for a scrap at the end of the game.

Looking for a fight at a pre-season friendly, fs.

Edited by AUcal

1 minute ago, AUcal said:

Random point I know, but did anyone else notice a small number of the young guys (maybe the "ragazzi", not sure) turning up at EK the other night looking for a scrap at the end of the game.

Wish I aged like the Ragazzi, been kicking about since 2011 and look about 15 year old.

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

Wish I aged like the Ragazzi, been kicking about since 2011 and look about 15 year old.

What did happen to the original lot? Seem to remember them being decent at getting atmosphere going, without relying on the same old shite songs. 

I know there was a few incidents at away games and stuff like that around that time, but not entirely sure that was the same folk - where they all chased off by the club?

4 minutes ago, AUcal said:

What did happen to the original lot? Seem to remember them being decent at getting atmosphere going, without relying on the same old shite songs. 

I know there was a few incidents at away games and stuff like that around that time, but not entirely sure that was the same folk - where they all chased off by the club?

Think folk got temporary bans etc and probably didn't bother as much.  Would imagine folk grow up and grow out that kind of stuff and circumstances with life i.e working/money means people don't get along as much.  Say you were 15 in 2011, you're now 28 so might not be into that sort of "ultras culture".  It'll be all the rage for young kids etc.

48 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The folk on Somerset road might not be too happy, we’d have to just build straight up like Sigma Olomouc 

IMG_3786.jpeg.f842bd1976903c202bf5c38b90ca14e0.jpeg

Can see some ROL objections to that. 

3 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Think folk got temporary bans etc and probably didn't bother as much.  Would imagine folk grow up and grow out that kind of stuff and circumstances with life i.e working/money means people don't get along as much.  Say you were 15 in 2011, you're now 28 so might not be into that sort of "ultras culture".  It'll be all the rage for young kids etc.

Pretty much this.

Between the club sending in stewards/dishing out bans and life happening in that space of time it definitely fizzled out.

Hopefully the youth can bring back that atmosphere, only issue is the kids attaching themselves to clubs the now are quite pyro heavy so the club won’t stand for that and history will probably repeat itself.

1 hour ago, AUcal said:

Random point I know, but did anyone else notice a small number of the young guys (maybe the new "ragazzi", not sure) turning up at EK the other night looking for a scrap at the end of the game.

The wee edgy guys outside in black sportswear trying to cover their faces?

I'd no idea if they were ours or theirs - strange wee bunch

You always get support that would absolutely die for the club when they are younger, go home and away and get involved in anything. 
Most grow up, get bills to pay and/or get their hole and it doesn’t seem as important as before. 
The folk that still act like football casuals beyond 21 are basically Disney adults or grown up Harry Potter fans. 

37 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

You always get support that would absolutely die for the club when they are younger, go home and away and get involved in anything. 
Most grow up, get bills to pay and/or get their hole and it doesn’t seem as important as before. 
The folk that still act like football casuals beyond 21 are basically Disney adults or grown up Harry Potter fans. 

"Or get their hole" nice...

Should use your suggestion then with rooms on top of the stand. 

Get a pumping on and off the pitch at the same time 🤣🤣🤣