The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

The whole run of the north side would make things feel a bit more, for want of a better phrase, homely. I really didn't like that almost half of the ground just sits empty if the away crowd was small.

It didn't feel good, and made whatever half we were shooting towards the Railway End feel a little less interesting, imo. Things just looked worse because that whole side of the ground had no one in it.

Having our support up that end of the ground (albeit at the side of the park) will be an improvement to the experience, I think.

For games with small away crowds, just have the 3 sides of terracing available to home fans. It might make the terraces a look little bit more sparse, but I think overall it would be an improvement to the matchday.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

I moved to the empty terrace when the gate was open and enjoyed standing there especially in the first half. The only downside was the gate obscuring the view of the SRE.

I expect it will take a few games before the club susses out what works and what doesn't across all areas of the new stand.

I am sure club took lots of learning last night , considering they only got the building handed over 5 working days before such a massive event and as normal with building works you only find snagging lists when you start working in it , credit to everyone who burst a gut to  get to that stage and fully believe all the issues will be ironed out before our next home game 

Edited by Finlay21

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Moaning about not getting in until twenty to thirty minutes after kick off is fair enough tbh. 

Not when you turn up 10 minutes before kick off which I think a lot of people did.

In any case it’s something the club can learn from and it’s better that it happened in a friendly and not a competitive game. We’re also not going to be dealing with the volume of people through the gates as we did last night. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Not when you turn up 10 minutes before kick off which I think a lot of people did.

In any case it’s something the club can learn from and it’s better that it happened in a friendly and not a competitive game. We’re also not going to be dealing with the volume of people through the gates as we did last night. 

Even if you did, it shouldn’t be taking thirty to forty minutes to get in. People have obviously paid for their ticket, so fair enough to moan if you aren’t getting what you paid for to such a huge extent. 

Obviously agreed with that. 

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Myself and many others turned up well before half past and still missed kick off. It won't be a problem on regular match days but if will be any time there is a big game. It's not very "premier league ready".

Hopefully the ticket scanning process will become smoother, but I do think it was a bit silly only having 4 turnstiles for a stand that  size 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, United1973 said:

Has anyone heard about Murphy  being out for months due to injury 

It’s an incorrect rumour 

Edited by Finlay21

12 minutes ago, United1973 said:

Has anyone heard about Murphy  being out for months due to injury 

With a hand injury? 

It's Mutch that's out for months yet.  

9 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Any idea when he’s likely to be back?

If I were to guess best case he’s back for League Cup if not that then start of league 

14 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Any idea when he’s likely to be back?

Cant see it being any length of time , still doing full training sessions 

48 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Even if you did, it shouldn’t be taking thirty to forty minutes to get in. People have obviously paid for their ticket, so fair enough to moan if you aren’t getting what you paid for to such a huge extent. 

Obviously agreed with that. 

It’s the same as any event though. If you turn up at the last minute to get in (which is what most people do) then you’re going to be waiting longer than most. 

The turnstiles were open from 6:15. Obviously no one is expected to turn up that early but people had plenty of time to turn up and get in and it may have caused fewer delays. Obviously there are teething issues with the new stand and the tech but I guarantee that had 80% of the attendees turned up a bit earlier then it wouldn’t have been as much of an issue. 

People are obviously entitled to moan but short of the club building more turnstiles I’m sure what they can realistically do to make a big difference? Even then the amount of turnstiles will have been dependent on the rest of the plans to allow for the road up to the main offices. 

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s the same as any event though. If you turn up at the last minute to get in (which is what most people do) then you’re going to be waiting longer than most. 

The turnstiles were open from 6:15. Obviously no one is expected to turn up that early but people had plenty of time to turn up and get in and it may have caused fewer delays. Obviously there are teething issues with the new stand and the tech but I guarantee that had 80% of the attendees turned up a bit earlier then it wouldn’t have been as much of an issue. 

People are obviously entitled to moan but short of the club building more turnstiles I’m sure what they can realistically do to make a big difference? Even then the amount of turnstiles will have been dependent on the rest of the plans to allow for the road up to the main offices. 

Moaning about missing kick off after turning up fifteen minutes before kick off with a big crowd expected: no right to moan. Even at that, I would hardly say it’s an overly late time to turn up. 

Moaning about missing most of the first half, absolutely fair enough. 

It doesn’t exactly encourage people to come back, if there were more there than normal as well. They are a football club, so it’s literally their main job to get people inside the ground in decent time. 

Obviously lots of great things going on, but you have to get the basics right so hopefully it’s better going forward for any bigger games.