The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

It's nearly 30 years since Scotland last played at a Euros.

They played at this years one m8?  You're thinking of the 2006 Kirin Cup, which was nearly 30 years ago.

4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Pretty sure Hamilton and another player were doing a separate warm-up on the pitch last night. 
Murphy looks fit enough, just has a big cast on his arm so obviously can’t play. 

Mcroberts and Guthrie were the other players warming up  last night 

Stone

Watret  Stanger  Musonda  McMann

Henderson  Dempsey  Rus  Murphy

Oakley  Dowds

Subs: GK*, McAllister, Reading, Murdoch, Syla, Walker, Hastie, Bryden, McKenzie

Think that is us at our strongest at the moment.  With a defender first priority.  CM would be good, however with 4 at the moment, unless Syla leaves, it may be a struggle to justify bringing one in.  Still would like another forward, but again unless we get Bryden out on loan, I don't see it.

*Will be Mutch come October.  

Edited by callum-ayr

15 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Well, if the results and performances so far don’t help get a few more season ticket purchases over the line, I don’t know what will.

Winning the League Cup group would move the needle, I think. Especially if they're good in the TV game.

26 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Stone

Watret  Stanger  Musonda  McMann

Henderson  Dempsey  Rus  Murphy

Oakley  Dowds

Subs: GK*, McAllister, Reading, Murdoch, Syla, Walker, Hastie, Bryden, McKenzie

Think that is us at our strongest at the moment.  With a defender first priority.  CM would be good, however with 4 at the moment, unless Syla leaves, it may be a struggle to justify bringing one in.  Still would like another forward, but again unless we get Bryden out on loan, I don't see it.

*Will be Mutch come October.  

I think McMann is excellent but he does not have the pace to play the role that Paddy is being asked to play.

12 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

We got off to a flier but Kilmarnock took control of the game and just ran through us for about 20 minutes, I thought it was going to be a long night.

Stanger pings one from 35 yards, through McCrorie and it was pretty much Ayr for the rest of the second half, Rus glided like an ice hockey player through Kilmarnock for the second. 
McCann did horribly at Kilmarnocks first goal, caught wrong side and flat footed, Stone looked like he’d recovered it but somehow passed it to an onrushing Kilmarnock player. 
Second half was very open, their second goal was jammy, off one post, right across the goal line and in off the other post. 
Watret was superb, Rus is the spark with a very workmanlike front 4.

Jay Henderson is the first player I have ever seen who has managed to put a corner kick in to the main stand.

Nick McCallister came on to prove that he is second choice full back.

We just look a lot better than last season just now. 

I like Stanger and hope we tie him up but he got caught on the ball a couple of times last night so needs to be mindfull of that or we'll get punished and he'll end up a boo boy target...

29 minutes ago, JohnGAYR said:

I think McMann is excellent but he does not have the pace to play the role that Paddy is being asked to play.

I agree say what you want about Paddy but it’s clear he fits the role that Brown is wanting from his full backs alongside Watret  and maybe depending on the situation even Stanger could maybe do it on the right

When Paddy went forward last night McMann went out to the left back area and Syla dropped back in to the center half position with Henderson moving more center to cover, not sure if we need a better defensive midfielder to fill that role, Murdoch even at his best is not physical enough, Dempsey can do it but I'm still on the fence with Syla.

1 minute ago, AUcal said:

Was Hamilton maybe just not playing last night because he has played the maximum number of games that a trailist can play?

Isn't that a thing?

I think it’s maybe a thing for competitive games. I know that trialists can play in games in Leagues 1 and 2 so I think there’s maybe a limit for those ones. 

I thought last night the deal wouldn’t be happening but if he’s still at the club then maybe we’re trying to sort out the compensation issue in order to sign him.