The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

If that's true, whoever made that decision about tickets should buy that gentleman a season ticket and a free pint in Cam's before every game this season. Absolutely appalling behaviour. The club need to work hard to bring people back into the fold. I've been harping on about this for 2yrs (only a few months on here right enough) This Super Ayr Dream only comes together when the town(shire) gets right behind the club and attendances flourish.... You're not supporting or building this dream with 2k home support and a minted hospitality) above mentioned behaviour, is exactly where they are falling short! 

I'm 40 and f**k buying digital tics etc... I've got enough passwords to remember and far to many apps on my phone as is 🤣

Absolutely mate... Heard it from a mate at work.... I will try and find out this mans name and email the club if I get it and see if they can maybe sort him out a wee free ticket and wee nice letter........ Or something as that made me feel shite just hearing that... Wish had of saw him outside and would of helped him.... 😢

There is alot of older people that don't go anymore... My dad for one.... I have to sort out our tickets for most games as all this online shite just puts him off... Only goes when I sort it out.... Needs addressed ASAP 

5 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Absolutely mate... Heard it from a mate at work.... I will try and find out this mans name and email the club if I get it and see if they can maybe sort him out a wee free ticket and wee nice letter........ Or something as that made me feel shite just hearing that... Wish had of saw him outside and would of helped him.... 😢

There is alot of older people that don't go anymore... My dad for one.... I have to sort out our tickets for most games as all this online shite just puts him off... Only goes when I sort it out.... Needs addressed ASAP 

Pity L.B. ain't still here... we could have sent him to Patna to dish out a brew and a hug 🤣 Bedtime for me ser, keep us updated on that aul boy please.

6 hours ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Get the ticket office open ot ure going to cost the club a fortune in missed ticketing sales...

No they aren’t.

7 hours ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

And an easy ticketing system..... 

Commercial manager.... Hello old people can't and won't buy tickets online...... Get the ticket office open ot ure going to cost the club a fortune in missed ticketing sales... 

Heard wee old boy travelled down all the way from the villages.... Patna to be precise to relive his youth and poor old bugger couldn't work out how to get a ticket and walked back into town bought a pint in billy bridges and went home...... That's sad asf..... Get it sorted... 

they were selling tickets in ticket pod right up until kick off last night so no reason for anyone to walk away , actual paper tickets in shop will be available soon , ticket machines seemingly on way 

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

they were selling tickets in ticket pod right up until kick off last night so no reason for anyone to walk away , actual paper tickets in shop will be available soon , ticket machines seemingly on way 

The club announced on social media that after 6pm, ticket sales would be online only.

1 minute ago, RedEd said:

The club announced on social media that after 6pm, ticket sales would be online only.

They changed it due to the number of people who turned , people are saying on here people walked away as tickets were not available which was not the case 

9 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

They changed it due to the number of people who turned , people are saying on here people walked away as tickets were not available which was not the case 

They ran out of tickets apparently, few folk next to us had to wait and give over email addresses to get sent to them.

13 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I take some of the claims on here with a pinch of salt. However, the club needs to have a consistent approach. Until now physical tickets have been available until kick off, and I don't see why that shouldn't continue.. I'm glad they saw sense last night, but they (and every other club) needs to take into account that not everyone has the digital skills, or perhaps in some cases, the literacy to buy online.. And it isn't necessarily convenient to go to the club shop during opening hours.  There are also people who decide at just about the last minute to go to match. We can't afford to turn them away.

Don't see this so much as a moan, I'm trying to be a critical friend.

Edited by RedEd

2 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

They ran out of tickets apparently, few folk next to us had to wait and give over email addresses to get sent to them.

The only way to sell them was online so you are right they had to get details and send ticket to fans , the facility to a to sell paper tickets should be resolved soon 

I don’t understand why a 6 o’clock curfew would be announced / implemented but then change their mind due to people turning up.

Why not just make tickets available from the kiosk up until kick off?  I don’t see the downside of it?  Happy to stand corrected if there is a genuine reason, but to then have a last minute change does seem a bit tinpot.

It can sometimes be the little things, the marginal changes that can see us move forward or stand still.  We are all basking in the glory of the praise of the big things happening at Somerset and rightly so, but already we have come across as not being able to handle a big crowd, or proper toilets, or food inside the ground (Celtic and Killie games).

If we are to try and grow the attendance at Somerset, then surely we need to pull every lever possible to do so - not go in reverse.

EDIT: was typing this post as the above posts came in 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Edited by AUFC 1910

6 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Ffs, no good. Should be doing utmost  to get fans back/in

1 minute ago, RedEd said:

I take some of the claims on here with a pinch of salt. However, the club needs to have a consistent approach. Until now physical tickets have been available until kick off, and I don't see why that shouldn't continue.. I'm glad they saw sense last night, but they (and every other club) needs to take into account that not everyone has the digital skills, or perhaps in some cases, the literacy to buy online.. And it isn't necessarily convenient to go to the club shop during opening hours.  There are also people who decide at just about the last minute to go to match. We can't afford to turn theme away.

Don't see this so much as a moan, I'm trying to be a critical friend.

You are 100% correct and I believe that steps have been taken to get paper tickets available and looks like it’s going to land very soon 

28 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I'm glad steps were taken bud and things are being looked at. However, it comes down to communication... after two social media posts stating there would be no ticket sales after 5/6pm, there was infact ticket sales available. I know a few people, who watched the stream for free last night on firesticks, because they don't finish work until round about K.O. and don't know if they'll get finished on time, until finish time. 

It could very well be true that people turned up for a pre game pint and other fans informed them, that there was NO in person ticket sales after 6pm. Because that's what everyone was told, twice yesterday, over all social media outlets I believe. 

Anyways... still buzzing after that win last night 😁

Edited by F.T.O.F.1910

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

To be fair over 90% of the crowd bought their tickets that way , every Falkirk fan 541 of them all bought their tickets online 

I absolutely detest online tic sales 🤣 I know it'll work and suit the majority but it's no for me, if I can help it. Cash is King 🤑

5 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

I absolutely detest online tic sales 🤣 I know it'll work and suit the majority but it's no for me, if I can help it. Cash is King 🤑

Totally agree , I also prefer the walk up and pay option