The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

I mean, is that no where Livi play, the macaroni arena? I thought it was a fairly simple to understand dig.... clearly no 🤣🤣 Or have I had a brain fart and got that wrong?

They have a new sponsor name on their ground now, sadly

1 minute ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

I mean, is that no where Livi play, the macaroni arena? I thought it was a fairly simple to understand dig.... clearly no 🤣🤣 Or have I had a brain fart and got that wrong?

It was just a funny turn of phrase. Might include it in my lingo going forward. 

9 hours ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Some of the comments about Oakley from Greenock reeked of bitterness. These comments about Devlin are genuinely concerning though.

Will not judge until at least the end of August but you can’t just write off opinions like ‘he is the worst player I’ve ever seen’.

Livingston fans haven't been watching football for very long though. They've not seen many players.

5 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

There's no bitterness against Devlin on my part. Disappointment, yes. I was delighted when we signed him and he looked like a rolls Royce in the first couple of months where we picked up 10 points in a tough run of fixtures. Then he got injured and our season fell apart. I felt sure we'd settle once he returned from injury but he came back as if he'd aged 20 years. Perhaps the added responsibility of the captaincy put too much pressure on him or maybe it was a confidence issue, he was never close to being the same player. Thoroughly nice guy to talk to. Story is he was offered a deal with us but claimed he felt he was better than a championship player....that turned out well

Give it time……

Do wonder if we will rotate some players around based off performances recently I would maybe be dropping Henderson for Dempsey and push Rus to RM make our midfield a bit more defensive outside of that unsure I would personally move McMann to LB and start Musonda but tha would probably be it then your two games against Stenny and Buckie is when you can give rotations players more game time 

I see Morton are looking into the possibility of Grimshaw on loan from Dundee United. Would hope we’re keeping tabs on that, would walk in as a starter in midfield and always handy to have him as he covers right back as well. 

30 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I see Morton are looking into the possibility of Grimshaw on loan from Dundee United. Would hope we’re keeping tabs on that, would walk in as a starter in midfield and always handy to have him as he covers right back as well. 

Thought I read he was being released 

L.B. popped up on the club's Watret and Hislops post, wishing them well ( which, imo he would be best doing via personal message) I know I've covered this b4, and it didn't go down well... but gringy boak 🤣 Then had a nosey and seen this....

FB_IMG_1721459350703.jpg

20 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

L.B. popped up on the club's Watret and Hislops post, wishing them well ( which, imo he would be best doing via personal message) I know I've covered this b4, and it didn't go down well... but gringy boak 🤣 Then had a nosey and seen this....

FB_IMG_1721459350703.jpg

He’s a decent guy but a terrible football manager. I think he does love the club but unfortunately he wasn’t good enough for it.i actually think if he had a good assistant like brown has he may have done better. I’m happy for him to still interact and if he wants to do that publicly then that’s fine. 

Bullen steadied the ship when we needed after the disaster of Hopkin and Duffy and we will always be thankful for that, did he get lucky the 2nd season with cheat code Dipo 100% but if we get to where the club wants to be he played his part, he took as as far as he could though but he is a decent guy who did not take the huff.

25 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

Bullen steadied the ship when we needed after the disaster of Hopkin and Duffy and we will always be thankful for that, did he get lucky the 2nd season with cheat code Dipo 100% but if we get to where the club wants to be he played his part, he took as as far as he could though but he is a decent guy who did not take the huff.

He left us right where he started so I'm not sure it was steady.