The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Crowd sizes are not important. Hitler, Donald Trump, Taylor Swift and Justin Beiber draw massive crowds and have millions of followers. 

Jesus had 12 followers, and one of them got him killed.

Would you rather be like Jesus or Donald Trump?

13 minutes ago, edinburghhonestman said:

But you don't just draw your support from the town of Falkirk, or are you implying that no-one from Grangemouth, Camelon or Polmont supports Falkirk?

Of course not, people in general travel from all over to support various clubs, ironically my next door neighbour travels to Somerset Park every other week! However the biggest percentage of the fan base in most cases will always come from the town itself.  We have an excellent core support particularly considering that the clubs been at its lowest ebe on the park since probably the 1970’s or arguably ever! Yet the fans kept coming, not sure why that’s so offensive. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Club has also spent the last 5 seasons in the seaside league because you couldn't beat part time teams.

Fixed it for you

Why don't you guys admit your just the Scottish Sunderland, loads of supporters and f**k all to show for it.

Edited by Superhursty7

9 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

Fixed it for you

Why don't you guys admit your just the Scottish Sunderland, loads of supporters and f**k all to show for it.

Touchy. Of course we don’t have the list of major honours in the trophy cabinet that Ayr do……oh wait.

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Regardless of progress I hope we are in for another good win this afternoon. 

Midweek, despite the not ideal start was a total departure from what we have been used to against lower division sides

13 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Touchy. Of course we don’t have the list of major honours in the trophy cabinet that Ayr do……oh wait.

Not touchy at all, just enjoying life and the buzz around the club presently but very aware as an Ayr Fan it could go tits up at any moment, loving that these clubs with such massive fan bases feel the need come on our page and attack plucky wee Ayr 

7 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

Not touchy at all, just enjoying life and the buzz around the club presently but very aware as an Ayr Fan it could go tits up at any moment, loving that these clubs with such massive fan bases feel the need come on our page and attack plucky wee Ayr 

Think you might be a bit paranoid here, what “attack” are you referring to? Certainly not from me. Always enjoyed the games at Somerset, think Ayr are a lovely wee club.

Edited by LatapyBairn.

9 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Midweek, despite the not ideal start was a total departure from what we have been used to against lower division sides

Aye, if a 2-1 loss away to a Premiership team where they could only score via free kicks is the reason we go out, then so be it. A good win and performance today to set us up for next week. Reckon next Saturday will be our toughest test so far. Don’t think Hamilton will be the mugs we have all been hoping/expecting. 

11 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Would suspect tomorrow will give an indication of who’s leaving given any moves will be nearing completion. Syla and Murdoch are the two prime candidates to be leaving but I think it’ll just be one of them. Would allow another midfielder to come in if that was the case. 

If Jamie Hamilton is still at the club then I’d imagine they’re trying to sort something out with Hamilton for compensation. I don’t think we have any defenders in the first team who is likely to leave but in a dream scenario maybe Brown has realised that McAllister is actually incapable of playing the way he wants his defenders to play and is letting him go.

I don’t see it with Syla at all. 

Dempsey is the first choice in that position, and Syla is a competent back up - I don’t see anyone coming in to improve that. 

Syla is also still young in terms of playing experience, last season being his first attempt at playing senior football. So plenty of development possible in there too. 

Reckon strongest attacking line up would likely be this hastie did well enough for me to earn another start

IMG_9818.png

bench: Russell, Devlin, McAllister, Syla, Tomlinson, Murphy, Walker, McKenzie, Bryden

Edited by muZZa__44

Ayr fans acting as if they have no surrounding population like Prestwick, Troon etc. also Falkirk are within easy reach of four of the biggest clubs in Scotland. The idea that Killie built their support on one cup win is ludicrous. They built it on sustained success throughout their history as the most successful provincial team in Scotland. Four second placed shortly before the actually won the league. Semi final of a European tournament and meeting with Real Madrid, Eintracht, Leeds, Everton. I’m not a fan of Hello, Hello, but other clubs sing it. Check the Killie fans website and Sevco are easily the most hated club. I would actually love you to get promoted but I think your support need to respond to the efforts of your Board. People saying crowds don’t matter are just being stupid. They are the lifeblood of ant club. Maybe Ayr is ,one of a ruggers/golfing town.

35 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I don’t see it with Syla at all. 

Dempsey is the first choice in that position, and Syla is a competent back up - I don’t see anyone coming in to improve that. 

Syla is also still young in terms of playing experience, last season being his first attempt at playing senior football. So plenty of development possible in there too. 

He won’t develop much when we’d rather play McKenzie and even Musonda ahead of him.  It’s just one game, but it does make me think he’s not really part of the plan.  Personally, I think he clearly is a better option than either McKenzie or Musonda, so was very surprised he didn’t start against Stenhousemuir.

My guess as to why he didn’t bring on Syla was giving other players game time? Unless Syla is going to pull a Pendlebury, I don’t think it’s anything to overthink about 

2 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Aye this. I was genuinely delighted with how professional our performance was at Steni.

That sounds mental really, to be delighted that we disposed of lower league opposition with relative ease. I think it goes to show how poor our general set up, coaching and approach to games has been at times through the last few years.

On transfers if Murdoch does go out on loan I’d like to see another centre mid come in as it would mean we’d only have Dempsey, Rus and Syla and it doesn’t seem like Brown is a big fan of Syla. Given the fall off between Dowds/Oakley and Bryden I’d like to see a back up striker come in to bridge the gap. 

The hardest part is finding players who are willing to come in and be back up. Most clubs will only loan players if they are guaranteed to get game time. 

17 minutes ago, Nelson said:

He won’t develop much when we’d rather play McKenzie and even Musonda ahead of him.  It’s just one game, but it does make me think he’s not really part of the plan.  Personally, I think he clearly is a better option than either McKenzie or Musonda, so was very surprised he didn’t start against Stenhousemuir.

Dempsey will miss several games though, and I’m pretty confident it’ll be Syla that comes in - like against Falkirk. 

I could be horribly wrong obviously, but we’ll see!